Foreign Body Removal...#2

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Foreign Body Removal...#2

Postby UnconventionalLove » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:28 pm

So when Lars was a pup he was left in his crate with a rubber toy by my boyfriend at the time (despite the conversation about supervising all toys). He chewed it up and swallowed the pieces and had to have one surgically removed. Ever since then I have kept an eagle eye on everything, supervised everything, removed toys that began to come apart etc.
Despite my best efforts, somehow, somewhere Lars found this mystery piece of rubber and thought it would be a good idea to swallow it whole, hence our second surgery. The only thing I can think of is if my roomates dog dug it up (she digs holes) or if it came over the fence. Moral of the story? I need to scan the whole area before letting him out to wharf down indigestibles.
Happily, Lars is already back to his happy self only 6 days after surgery. The hardest part is keeping him in bed :P

FB # 1

FB #2
UnconventionalLove
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Foreign Body Removal...#2

Postby dogs4jen » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm glad he's doing ok!
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Re: Foreign Body Removal...#2

Postby Mooresmajestic » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 pm

You should talk to the vet about installing a zipper in his belly!

But seriously, glad to hear he is doing well and that you took him in at the first sign of a problem. You would be surprised at how many people wait until their pet is so far gone/sick to seek treatment.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Health Issues