Hi from california

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

pitbull growth

Postby momapbt » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:34 pm

I have a 11 month old red nose pit named moose. Ihave been raising pits for 25 years but never had a rednose. i noticed his head is HUGE and seems too big for his body, when do pits normally grow up and out(muscles)when do they physically mature.
momapbt
Newborn Bully

Re: pitbull growth

Postby haranka » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:20 pm

hi moose:)
haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby cookiexd40 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:14 am

Diesel didnt fill out and look like a big beautiful boy until he was about a year and a few months old...he was nick named crazy legs by my son for a long time because he was a but awkward looking but grew into his head and legs eventually...just be patient..you'll miss the puppy look some day lol

Crazy legs

Now almost 2 year old

Sent via rotary phone txt MSG
cookiexd40
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Can you tell us more about yourself so that you can be given access? There's a sample sticky at the top of this section to help you out.

Also, what do you mean be you have been 'raising pits for 25 years", if you aren't familiar with growth patterns or that red nose means nothing more than the color of the nose? The nose color doesn't depict a size, coat color, temperament, or bloodline (in most cases unless you have papers proving OFRN lines which is pretty rare).
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby momapbt » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:16 am

I have been a pitmom for 25 years, my first was a pit I found on the side of the road,someone had shot him with a bbgun and I took him to the vet and had him fixed up,shots etc. and took"Aramis" home. Aram followed me everywhere even to the bathroom and would sit and wait patiently for me, he slept with me,went everywhere,played and was fed the best kibble and I cooked chicken breasts to chop up in food. one night I was alone in the house except for Aram,and in bed-all of a sudden I awoke to him leaping off the bed and throwing himself at the window barking ferosiously,i heard someone running(in the orchard leaves were all around,you could here anything out there)I looked out and someone was hightailing out of there-goodboy Aram. Then I got Amber,someone couldn't keep her so I did, they had pups, I kept one(out of 12 in first litter,gave the rest to trusted friends)his name was Apollo. Aram was white/brindle,Amber was -amber, Apollo was pure white with brown ears. My jerk boyfriend who I will always despise to this day, threw a ball for Aram and it went into the street,he was hit-took him to vet,he died 2 days later-I was broken and in tears,he was my main love that dog. I moved away, a friend took Amber because I could only keep one dog-Apollo who I had for 16 years. Apollo was amazing. I used to watch the pups play and interact when he was young and caught on about how the "pack" works,this was way before Cesar Millan. Apollo,Aram and Amber were perfect pits, no problems with aggression unless defending themselves or me. After Apollo died,and time passed , then came pup,Arrow I purchased, he too was white, he was a fast little guy-and another loyal good mannered pit, he lived until age 14,had to put him to rest-uncureable cancer.I also acquired a brindle pup I named Turbo, I got him when Arrow was about 7, Turbo was a handful, a big guy,90 lbs of muscle, he was a great boy-lived to age 14,again he had cancer-I have fed all my dogs the best food, they have all been inside dogs with large areas to play in and walks everyday-so I don't blame myself for the cancer. when Arrow passed, Turbo was still young relatively and I got a female Bella from the shelter,i was told by the vet she was approximately,4 years old-she immediately bonded to me, and basically loved everyone,but I was number one on her list,she too followed me everywhere ,almost like she knew I saved her.she is 11 now, Turbo died last year-and Bella and Turbo were in love. She and I missed him terribly,i happened to look on Craigslist,and found a couple that had a 4 mos. old "rednose"pitbull they couldn't keep him, I snagged him and he is now almost one,in fact april 20 is his bday. oh, is he a sweetboy-all he wants to do is love and play,unfortunately he has had many skin issues first demodectic mange-got rid of that and then about 2 mos later developed hives that would seem to pop up every day, I washed all bedding,cleaned backyard and put down sand all over,i washed rugs, made sure he had premium pup food for skin/allergy issues,took him to vet, hives finally went away after some antibiotic round and cortisone(I did not like to go that route,but I tried everything holistic,even benedryl would only work for a few hours).Hives gone, two months ago he scraped his head and had an open wound,i put hydrogen peroxide and triple antibiotic cream on it everyday,but then something weird happened,he started to get small bumps down his neck from where the lesion was, and the bumps turned into scabs and hair would fall out HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM AND IF SO DO THEY KNOW WHAT IT IS,PLEASE ANSWER. finally after more antibiotics(and im fed up with this,have been to 3 vets, all of them say its a secondary infection, I think not because I kept that wound clean.back to where I left off, after antibiotics and special shampoo, the bumps are going down, I sent for something called DERMA-IONX saw it several places on the internet with good reviews for skin problems, I started that yesterday to see if the rest of the crusty areas would heal,any info about pit skin problems and solutions,please send. The only other pit that had skin issues was Apollo,he would get hematomas between his toe pads, and cortisone was only thing that put them away,i used it sparingly!! So, there, I have Bella my rescue,brindle/white and Moose my "rednose".To the person who rudely asked why I didn't know that a "rednose" was only a color ,after 25 years of owning a pit-a pure pit is a pit no s---,but in order to have a pit a specific color, you have to inbreed somewhere along the line to keep that particular color,as in blue pits, tri-color etc,-and in doing that causes conditions such as skin problems,hip dysplasia etc. the beauty of pitbulls is the variety of colors in one litter, you get stronger dogs less prone to problems. Why do you think that German Shepards are prone to hip dysplasia, they are all genetically stamped from years of inbreeding to get the same color,size,etc. as are most AKC dogs , they are all little clones-Akc does not consider pitbulls as pure because of their variety of shapes and sizes and colors. Look at the "gottiline",they are short,stout,very muscular and look like a cross between a gargoyle and Hummer,not that I don't love em,but they have problems with joints as you could tell by looking at them, someone started to mess around with the average pit and put in more bull-pits were fine as they were different shapes,colors,sizes. Although I have only had three litters, I am not a breeder, I have read extensively about pits, their history,ADBA and UKC standards,training,feeding etc etc -still I keep on learning more and with each pit I have and "haves me"- I asked the question about his growth because its been a long time since I had a puppy, Bella is a rescue and she is 11, Turbo was the last pup I had before Moose,and Turbo was a pup 15 years ago,so there it is. I basically have answered my own question, pits are varied and grow at different rates. When I figure out how to put in pictures on this forum , I will, for now that's all I have to say.
momapbt
Newborn Bully

Postby momapbt » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:27 am

p.s. to the last message re:Moose and growth- Moose is UKC registered with his ancestors described colors-red rednose,redwhite rednose and one blue.
momapbt
Newborn Bully

Hi from california

Postby momapbt » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:05 am

2013 5:16 am

I have been a pitmom for 25 years, my first was a pit I found on the side of the road,someone had shot him with a bbgun and I took him to the vet and had him fixed up,shots etc. and took"Aramis" home. Aram followed me everywhere even to the bathroom and would sit and wait patiently for me, he slept with me,went everywhere,played and was fed the best kibble and I cooked chicken breasts to chop up in food. one night I was alone in the house except for Aram,and in bed-all of a sudden I awoke to him leaping off the bed and throwing himself at the window barking ferosiously,i heard someone running(in the orchard leaves were all around,you could here anything out there)I looked out and someone was hightailing out of there-goodboy Aram. Then I got Amber,someone couldn't keep her so I did, they had pups, I kept one(out of 12 in first litter,gave the rest to trusted friends)his name was Apollo. Aram was white/brindle,Amber was -amber, Apollo was pure white with brown ears. My jerk boyfriend who I will always despise to this day, threw a ball for Aram and it went into the street,he was hit-took him to vet,he died 2 days later-I was broken and in tears,he was my main love that dog. I moved away, a friend took Amber because I could only keep one dog-Apollo who I had for 16 years. Apollo was amazing. I used to watch the pups play and interact when he was young and caught on about how the "pack" works,this was way before Cesar Millan. Apollo,Aram and Amber were perfect pits, no problems with aggression unless defending themselves or me. After Apollo died,and time passed , then came pup,Arrow I purchased, he too was white, he was a fast little guy-and another loyal good mannered pit, he lived until age 14,had to put him to rest-uncureable cancer.I also acquired a brindle pup I named Turbo, I got him when Arrow was about 7, Turbo was a handful, a big guy,90 lbs of muscle, he was a great boy-lived to age 14,again he had cancer-I have fed all my dogs the best food, they have all been inside dogs with large areas to play in and walks everyday-so I don't blame myself for the cancer. when Arrow passed, Turbo was still young relatively and I got a female Bella from the shelter,i was told by the vet she was approximately,4 years old-she immediately bonded to me, and basically loved everyone,but I was number one on her list,she too followed me everywhere ,almost like she knew I saved her.she is 11 now, Turbo died last year-and Bella and Turbo were in love. She and I missed him terribly,i happened to look on Craigslist,and found a couple that had a 4 mos. old "rednose"pitbull they couldn't keep him, I snagged him and he is now almost one,in fact april 20 is his bday. oh, is he a sweetboy-all he wants to do is love and play,unfortunately he has had many skin issues first demodectic mange-got rid of that and then about 2 mos later developed hives that would seem to pop up every day, I washed all bedding,cleaned backyard and put down sand all over,i washed rugs, made sure he had premium pup food for skin/allergy issues,took him to vet, hives finally went away after some antibiotic round and cortisone(I did not like to go that route,but I tried everything holistic,even benedryl would only work for a few hours).Hives gone, two months ago he scraped his head and had an open wound,i put hydrogen peroxide and triple antibiotic cream on it everyday,but then something weird happened,he started to get small bumps down his neck from where the lesion was, and the bumps turned into scabs and hair would fall out HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM AND IF SO DO THEY KNOW WHAT IT IS,PLEASE ANSWER. finally after more antibiotics(and im fed up with this,have been to 3 vets, all of them say its a secondary infection, I think not because I kept that wound clean.back to where I left off, after antibiotics and special shampoo, the bumps are going down, I sent for something called DERMA-IONX saw it several places on the internet with good reviews for skin problems, I started that yesterday to see if the rest of the crusty areas would heal,any info about pit skin problems and solutions,please send. The only other pit that had skin issues was Apollo,he would get hematomas between his toe pads, and cortisone was only thing that put them away,i used it sparingly!! So, there, I have Bella my rescue,brindle/white and Moose my "rednose".To the person who rudely asked why I didn't know that a "rednose" was only a color ,after 25 years of owning a pit-a pure pit is a pit no s---,but in order to have a pit a specific color, you have to inbreed somewhere along the line to keep that particular color,as in blue pits, tri-color etc,-and in doing that causes conditions such as skin problems,hip dysplasia etc. the beauty of pitbulls is the variety of colors in one litter, you get stronger dogs less prone to problems. Why do you think that German Shepards are prone to hip dysplasia, they are all genetically stamped from years of inbreeding to get the same color,size,etc. as are most AKC dogs , they are all little clones-Akc does not consider pitbulls as pure because of their variety of shapes and sizes and colors. Look at the "gottiline",they are short,stout,very muscular and look like a cross between a gargoyle and Hummer,not that I don't love em,but they have problems with joints as you could tell by looking at them, someone started to mess around with the average pit and put in more bull-pits were fine as they were different shapes,colors,sizes. Although I have only had three litters, I am not a breeder, I have read extensively about pits, their history,ADBA and UKC standards,training,feeding etc etc -still I keep on learning more and with each pit I have and "haves me"- I asked the question about his growth because its been a long time since I had a puppy, Bella is a rescue and she is 11, Turbo was the last pup I had before Moose,and Turbo was a pup 15 years ago,so there it is. I basically have answered my own question, pits are varied and grow at different rates. When I figure out how to put in pictures on this forum , I will, for now that's all I have to say.
momapbt Newborn Bully Posts: 3Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 am
momapbt
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi from california

Postby BabyReba » Thu May 02, 2013 8:32 pm

Welcome! Sorry it took, so long!

:modwelcomeonly1:
BabyReba
Regulator

Return to Introductions