Hi From Madison, WI

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi From Madison, WI

Postby jabx » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:35 pm

So glad to find this positive pitty forum. I've been the proud owner (some might say parent:)) of three adopted pitbulls, but it's the 3rd one we've adopted that has brought me here. I'll create a forum topic tomorrow, "problems with penny" in the training section about her because we are at a loss and have tried inadequate trainers and nothing has worked so hopefully this forum can point us in the right direction. Thanks for the forum and I look forward to browsing :)
jabx
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi From Madison, WI

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Welcome! Can you tell us more about yourself and such so that you can be given posting access? There's a sample sticky at the top of this section to help you out with what we like to know.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby jabx » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Sure! My name is Kain and my wife's name is Theresa, both of us have had dogs most of our lives. We became interested in pitbulls after dog sitting our friends pitbull about 10 years ago. Once we got our own place in 2006 we adopted an elder pitbull named Kim who had a tons of problems and previously had a terrible life....broken bones, scarred-both emotionally and physically, bad hips, underweight, extremely timid, bathroom issues because she was locked in a basement for most of her life and the list continues. With all her misfortunes she was the sweetest dog I've ever met and we loved her dearly. Last year she passed away due to kidney failure and the age of 13. After Kim we were sold on the breed and adopted Penny about 6 mos later on 8/12. She's the reason I found this forum, much of her passed is unknown and her behavior needs some work, she's sweet and going to be a great dog someday, but I need some help and not sure where to get it. She's approxiamatley 2 years old and came from a rescue who got her from Milwaukee. At the rescue she did great with dogs I was told, but that hasn't been the case since we brought her home, she also plays very aggressively and has grabbed gloves and jacket sleeves, but she really is a great dog:)

Besides loving dogs my wife and I both have been practicing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Mauy Thai for almost 10 years, we also love to camp and travel. In fact our goal is to be able to travel with Penny, but her dog to dog issues are making that difficult.
jabx
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:36 am

Apologies for the wait!

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions