Blue Buffalo- Recall

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Blue Buffalo- Recall

Postby Mooresmajestic » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:45 pm

http://www.bluebuffalo.com/news/vitamin-d-voluntary-recall

Above is the link to Blue Buffalo's website and the information on the recall.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Blue Buffalo- Recall

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Mooresmajestic wrote:http://www.bluebuffalo.com/news/vitamin-d-voluntary-recall

Above is the link to Blue Buffalo's website and the information on the recall.

This happened in 2010.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mooresmajestic » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:49 pm

There is a current recall... I thought I copied the right link.

Off to find the correct one now...
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:27 pm

Oh dear - off to check the vet boards to see if its there...
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby AmberD » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:42 pm

I don't know that there's been an actual recall, but there are a LOT of issues being noted on the internet about it causing severe vomiting and diarrhea, and I've read in more than one spot that the company may have been sold some time ago (but I can't find anything official-looking that says so).

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/blue_buffalo.html
AmberD
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:43 am

AmberD wrote:I don't know that there's been an actual recall, but there are a LOT of issues being noted on the internet about it causing severe vomiting and diarrhea, and I've read in more than one spot that the company may have been sold some time ago (but I can't find anything official-looking that says so).

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/blue_buffalo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The food is EXTREMELY rich, high in fat and protein. I've seen a couple cases of pancreatitis related to it, but no more than would be expected with any other high fat food.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby AmberD » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:43 pm

AmberD wrote:I don't know that there's been an actual recall, but there are a LOT of issues being noted on the internet about it causing severe vomiting and diarrhea, and I've read in more than one spot that the company may have been sold some time ago (but I can't find anything official-looking that says so).

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/blue_buffalo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's an article on the site now, and it does include a statement from Blue asserting that they have not been sold.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/pet ... 31213.html
AmberD
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby abman » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:43 pm

I'd be scared to use blue buffalo nowadays. I hear so many complaints from people who have used it. In fact, in the past two years I've heard nothing but complaints from friends that have tried it. Not a single one had anything positive to say about it. Not saying its a crappy food but its always in the back of my mind what people have told me.
abman
Matured Bully

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:07 pm

abman wrote:I'd be scared to use blue buffalo nowadays. I hear so many complaints from people who have used it. In fact, in the past two years I've heard nothing but complaints from friends that have tried it. Not a single one had anything positive to say about it. Not saying its a crappy food but its always in the back of my mind what people have told me.

It is possible to have too much of a good thing - this is why I have never been a fan of Innova EVO and similar diets.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Shoshana » Sat May 04, 2013 1:28 am

I know this post is a couple of weeks late, but we feed Peanut Blue Buffalo without any problems. She doesn't do well with too much protein (gassy,stinky, runny) so we never tried the grain free.

She has done well on it for several years. We once switched to something else (organix), but she had 3 staph infections and a dull coat on the new food so we switched back and she has been fine since.

Our friends feed their dogs Blue Buffalo also with no problems.
Shoshana
Bully Ambassador

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat May 04, 2013 1:07 pm

Shoshana wrote:I know this post is a couple of weeks late, but we feed Peanut Blue Buffalo without any problems. She doesn't do well with too much protein (gassy,stinky, runny) so we never tried the grain free.

She has done well on it for several years. We once switched to something else (organix), but she had 3 staph infections and a dull coat on the new food so we switched back and she has been fine since.

Our friends feed their dogs Blue Buffalo also with no problems.

I have a lot of clients who's dogs also do well and look fabulous. It just goes to show there's not any one food that is right for all dogs.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby abman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:15 am

Talked to someone this morning that really loves the blue food and their dog looked great so I guess its a good food for some dogs while not suited for others. That's why I don't consider it a crappy food since I've seen some beautiful looking dogs on it that did very well on it.

I used to like innova but to me that food is not even an option at this point and prob bottom of the list for me.
abman
Matured Bully

Return to Health Issues