Hi from Germany

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi from Germany

Postby Smokey » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:33 am

Hi :)

This is my dog Smokey, he's 7 years old. He was born in Jacksonville, Florida and we adopted him while we were on vacations in Florida.
He's not a Pitbull, he's an American Bulldog/Greyhound-Mix (which is good so he isn't affected by BSL!)
He's not really healthy (2 TPLO surgeries, food allergies, some kind of stroke next to his cerebellum 6 month ago), but the bestest dog I could get! ;)

I hope my english is not too bad, I'm trying to improve it. That's one of the reasons why I'm here. The second reason is, I'm really crazy about Pit Bulls :inlove:

Smokey
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi from Germany

Postby PitBullMom » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:38 am

Your English looks pretty good to me! I wouldn't know it wasn't your first language based on this post.

Your Smokey is very handsome! I have a 7 year old girl. She had the double TPLO surgery too, but otherwise she's healthy.

:)
PitBullMom
Newborn Bully

Postby Smokey » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:39 am

Forget to tell you: My name is Inga, 33 years old and we are from Hamburg (in the north of Germany) :)
Smokey
Newborn Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:49 am

Hi Inga! Welcome to the forum. Do you guys have and plans for Smokey? Does he participate in any doggy sports, does he like long walks by the beach, a strenous game of holding down the couch?

I used to live in Germany! And now I live here in Florida-small world huh? My Dad was in the US Army and the first time we lived in Germany it was in Gelnhausen...and the second time we lived in Idar Oberstein. I loved living there, I miss it and would love to go back. The second time we lived there I was able to travel to a bunch of places-Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Austria, the Neatherlands. I've never been but my Mom went to Czechoslovakia many times the first time we lived in Germany. Have you been to any of these places?
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Guten Tag! ^^ Your English sounds good, I understood what you were saying quite easily. Welcome to the forum, your boy is quite handsome. :))
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Smokey » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:07 am

Well, it's a small world we're living in ;)
Germany is a great place to live, but I enjoyed our holidays in the US. It's different but every country has it's advantages and disadvantages.
We often went to Denmark for holidays but they have changed their dog laws in 2010 so we couldn't go there without putting Smokey at risk to be put down just because of how he looks like :( We went to Poland last year: Great country, great beaches, not too far away (Smokey hates car rides ;)) and really cheap. The Netherlands repealed their Breed Ban a few years ago, so I think, we will go there some day. Have been to Amsterdam with my husband (Smokey had to stay with my parents-in-law) and it was great!
When I was a child, I travelled a lot in Europe: UK, Sweden, Norway, Austria, Swiss, Czech Republic (Praque is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited!), Hungary.

We did some Mantrailing with Smokey when he was young but then he had to have his TPLO-surgeries. The group changed, we got a new trainer, Smokey got badly bitten and developed some kind of Dog Aggression (he hates big dogs (unless they are old) but is doing fine with small dogs!) so we quit.

Hm, what else...
Oh, Smokey looooooves cold temperatures and snow! He's going crazy when we've got snow here. I will upload some pics later when I'm allowed to!
When it "too warm" (20°C = 68°F) for him, he's one of the laziest dogs I've ever seen. ;)
Smokey
Newborn Bully

Postby Smokey » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:19 am

Smokey is my first dog. I've never wanted to have a dog... I was a cat person (my cat Sylvester lives here with us too) until I met my stinky, dirty, little puppy and fell in love with him :inlove: I have never regret any second to take him with us. He's my Babyboy and he ever will be!
Smokey
Newborn Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:32 am

Smokey wrote:We did some Mantrailing with Smokey when he was young but then he had to have his TPLO-surgeries.

Volksmarch? I was young the first time I lived in Germany but I remember doing a lot of these trails/hikes-it was always fun.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Smokey » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:05 am

Wait! You got me wrong! Mantrailing is some sort of search and rescue work! That's what the police is doing with their bloodhounds. You know what I mean? Searching for a person when they have got the scent of it... (i've tried google... is it "human trailing" in english?). We did it just for fun.
Smokey
Newborn Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:48 am

Oh okay! I think most people call it search and rescue or SAR. I understand now. There is a member here who's dog Eve does this!
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Smokey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:38 am

My Boy <3 Waiting to go for a walk with his fried Karla
Smokey
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:08 am

Apologies for the wait!

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07