Hi, New Here

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi, New Here

Postby WoodenWall » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:01 am

Hi, my name is Anthony and I've been knowledgable about the breed since age 13, I bought my breakstick without even owning a bulldog 2 years ago just because when I walk my small mutt I see a lot of dogs, something could happen so I carry it with me religiously on walks. Anynways, I like bulldogs because of there huntint qualities, I like that they are athletic and when they latch onto something, they tend to not let go, or not like to let go. I've owned Jack Russells, Labs, and currently don't own a pitbull but am looking. My goal is to have a companion dog for my family and a dog that will guard the house, I'm going to enroll him/her in protection training(Yes, I am fuly aware of owning a protection dog and the dangers of people, all from introctions of new people and leashed at all times even before opening any door....I know.). I enjoy playing ball with my current small mutt, she's a terrier mix with an extremely high prey drive. My point of being here is to learn about training, introducting dogs, more positive training. I also have an account with Removed forum link
Last edited by Curly_07 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited Forum Link
WoodenWall
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi, New Here

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi there! Can you tell us more about yourself so that you can be given access? There's a sample sticky at the top of this section to help you out.

Also, there are many breeds that fall under the Pit Bull term. In general, it's usually the American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and recently the American Bully has started being added to the blanket term. These "pit bull" type breeds are not considered a guardian breed, and should not be expected to have guarding traits.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby WoodenWall » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:00 am

Curly_07 wrote:Hi there! Can you tell us more about yourself so that you can be given access? There's a sample sticky at the top of this section to help you out.

Also, there are many breeds that fall under the Pit Bull term. In general, it's usually the American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and recently the American Bully has started being added to the blanket term. These "pit bull" type breeds are not considered a guardian breed, and should not be expected to have guarding traits.

I read the sticky, that's how I formed the paragraph. I know all about 'pitbull'. Not new to the breed.
WoodenWall
Newborn Bully

Postby WoodenWall » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:39 am

Well, I have gardening hobbies, currently growing hottest peppers in the world , "Butch T Scorpion" & loads of vegetables ranging from Tomatoes to Zucchini. I've always had a dog, reason why is a dogs loyalty cannot be beat. I've meant plenty of pitbulls that would rip your face off going into the yard, I've even met Labradores that would do the same. I wouldn't call this raw aggression as much as territorial aggression(take them off the property they're pretty docial), as most dogs regardless of breed posesses. I'm not expecting my dog to be territorial of otusiders, I'm expecting my dog to be a dog, almost every dog I've met was terrirotiral when it comes to home to people it did not know as they should be. My little mutt terrier is, every pitbull besides fury owners I've met did, but was not aggressive towards people when the owner was present. I am fully aware of having a large breed dog that is territorial aggressive towards people. All points of my property are blocked as well as the dog is tethered. Now back on topic......

I like to build things, I'm going to put together the tether, I'm going to make a spring pole, a run line, breaksticks. I'm pretty dull when it comes to myself. I don't do much. I like to play pool....A lot....

I walk my dogs 2-4x a week, dog is almost every day outside with me tied up in a new place for sunshine and to experience new things that happen at different parts of the property, like people walking down the street, cars honking, hawks and buzzards soaring, raccoons squaking, dogs barking, people arguing, etc...
WoodenWall
Newborn Bully

Postby PitBullMom » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:14 am

Where in the world did you find these pit bulls that would "rip your face off" if you stepped in their yard? And also, were they tethered? Because those were not sound pit bulls.

A mentally stable pit bull is a friendly pit bull. They should have no human aggression whatsoever. If you think it's normal for a pit bull to be ferocious then someone gave you false information. You're in the right place to learn the true nature of these dogs though.
PitBullMom
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:26 am

I have seen some dogs as he describes. It isn't a guardian instinct, but rather fear aggression the dogs are having. This is because the dogs aren't socialized like they should be. My 2 girls allow strangers in my house all the time in my presence, and without. Out of over 200 foster dogs I've had, with the exception of one, they were also very accepting of everyone. That one had many socialization issues, not guarding instincts.

Now, you do use the term Bull Dogge and Pit Bull...these are very different. ABDs do have guarding instincts, and maybe that's what you are looking for, not a pit bull type dog. Either way, I think this forum will be a great place for you to learn. Thank you for the intro... I also grow a lot of peppers :)

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby WoodenWall » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:45 am

PitBullMom wrote:Where in the world did you find these pit bulls that would "rip your face off" if you stepped in their yard? And also, were they tethered? Because those were not sound pit bulls.

A mentally stable pit bull is a friendly pit bull. They should have no human aggression whatsoever. If you think it's normal for a pit bull to be ferocious then someone gave you false information. You're in the right place to learn the true nature of these dogs though.

Enough of the furrying. Dogs are Dog. Genetics are genetics. Look back into game dog history.
WoodenWall
Newborn Bully

Postby WoodenWall » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:47 am

Curly_07 wrote:I have seen some dogs as he describes. It isn't a guardian instinct, but rather fear aggression the dogs are having. This is because the dogs aren't socialized like they should be. My 2 girls allow strangers in my house all the time in my presence, and without. Out of over 200 foster dogs I've had, with the exception of one, they were also very accepting of everyone. That one had many socialization issues, not guarding instincts.

Now, you do use the term Bull Dogge and Pit Bull...these are very different. ABDs do have guarding instincts, and maybe that's what you are looking for, not a pit bull type dog. Either way, I think this forum will be a great place for you to learn. Thank you for the intro... I also grow a lot of peppers :)

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

I agree. Aggression is directly connected to Fear. Big part of that is not being socialized. Dogs are Dogs though, it's a lot in how they are trained/raised.
WoodenWall
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:23 am

WoodenWall wrote:
PitBullMom wrote:Where in the world did you find these pit bulls that would "rip your face off" if you stepped in their yard? And also, were they tethered? Because those were not sound pit bulls.

Enough of the furrying. Dogs are Dog. Genetics are genetics. Look back into game dog history.

Game dogs were bred for their Dog Aggression and prey drive, not Human Aggresion. They are 2 very different things. HA was never a desired trait in the breed.

I'm going to approve you. Please read ALL of the stickies at the tops of each section, especially the Rules of the Board sticky.

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions