What is this?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

What is this?

Postby VC_Reno » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Hey guys,

So this morning before I left for work I noticed this on Sheeva's belly:

She's been red in that same spot before but its never looked like that. I'm not sure if she's licking herself raw there or its something else? Because she doesn't bother with it when I'm around. Its not swollen, and it doesn't bother her when I touch it. Any idea what it could be? How can I clean it without irritating it?
VC_Reno
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: What is this?

Postby ilovetyson » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:26 pm

Just curious, is she spayed? If so, Maybe a irritation from the surgical area? Jade gets irritation on her belly, and a cpl of her nipples get swollen red and crusty. Vet says it is allergies. :-/
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby VC_Reno » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:06 am

ilovetyson wrote:Just curious, is she spayed? If so, Maybe a irritation from the surgical area? Jade gets irritation on her belly, and a cpl of her nipples get swollen red and crusty. Vet says it is allergies. :-/

Yes she's spayed. She got spayed last year around this time. And the redness is right where her incision was. So maybe. Should I give her benadryl?
VC_Reno
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:11 am

Maybe a bug bite or a contact allergic reaction? Benadryl wouldn't hurt and if it responds, you know it's possibly one of those two things.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby VC_Reno » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:45 am

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:Maybe a bug bite or a contact allergic reaction? Benadryl wouldn't hurt and if it responds, you know it's possibly one of those two things.

True. Thank you. I'll pick some up after work. What about the benadryl cream?
VC_Reno
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:00 pm

I'd go with tablets since she is more likely to lick off the cream.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby VC_Reno » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:22 pm

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:I'd go with tablets since she is more likely to lick off the cream.

Reno has allergies but never had anything like this. That's why I kind of freaked out lol I spoke to my aunt who's English Bulldog has severe allergies and she said he gets stuff like this. She said her vet told her to clean it and put triple antibiotic cream on it. I'll pick up some benadryl and the triple antibiotic cream and see how it goes. If it doesn'tlook better by Friday I'm bringing her to the vet. Thanks for the help.
VC_Reno
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Health Issues