Pitbull Curious

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Pitbull Curious

Postby Altagal » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi all,
I'm a 46 yr old mom of two preschoolers from central Alberta, Canada. I'm not sure if I'm allowed here, as I don't have a pit bull, but I'm starting to think this breed is being demonized.

I used to have a Doberman in the late 80's when they were considered "attack dogs", but i am POSITIVE my girl wouldn't have harmed a flea. So, I know how dog breeds can get a bad rap. That being said, I'm a little nervous about pit bulls, although I haven't met one that wasn't a wiggle-bum full of love. I'm here to ask lots of questions and learn about the breed. I hope I don't offend anyone with my questions or ignorance. Truth is, I'd love to welcome a pit bull into our family but with two little ones, I want to be sure it is a safe & sound decision.

A little more about me. I'm a stay-at-home mom with a loving family and two cats that bring us lots of joy. I can't wait to meet all of you and look forward to lots of great discussions!
Altagal
Newborn Bully

Re: Pitbull Curious

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Welcome! We have a few members here that own other breeds, but just have an admiration for the pit bull breeds :) I think it is great that you are here for some education on the breed! The forum is full of info and knowledgeable members. If you do decide later that a pit bull type breed is for you and your family, please check your local laws first. I'm unsure of Alberta, but do know parts of Canada have BSL(Breed Specific Legislation).

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Altagal » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Thanks! As far as I know, every city or municipality in Alberta decides on BSL. The city of Edmonton (near where I live) had a very heated BSL debate, and BSL was repealed. Pitty's won. :)
Altagal
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:00 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions