New Member here. Have a few questions about 5 month old fema

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New Member here. Have a few questions about 5 month old fema

Postby Luna-BLue » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Hello Everyone, first time posting on this forum

I have a 5month old female Blue nose (Razors Edge) Pit Bull. She is my sweetheart and so far is crate trained and potty trained. As far as commands, she knows how to sit but that's it so far. I got her at 10 weeks and mom and dad were on site as well as other family dogs and children! She was socialized well as a pup and went the full qo weeks on mama's milk I've had her on BB Wilderness Grain Free Salmon since day 1. I've administered all 3 of her 5 in 1 shots to date. Next month is rabies shots and Spay!

Here are my questions. I live in Arizona and there are many dog friendly bars and establishments here. She socializes often and every now and then I take her to the dog park but I think I'm going to stop that as I'm not a huge fan or socializing in that setting (too many variables with other dogs and filth in parks)

Issues I'm having:

1) Some days are better than others. WALKING ON A LEASH!!! It's not so much that she pulls (she does a tad, nothing too bad) it's that she simply wants to do her own thing on a walk. She wants to stop every 15 feet and smell this and taste that etc...which is fine every once in a while, but more times than not she's simply stubborn and I end up having to drag her (not drag, but pull) to get her to follow me. As much as possible I have her walk by my side...not in front and not behind. Problem is, when she decides she wants to stop...she STOPS. My question is, how do I get her to be more fluent and actually go on a WALK without distraction and stopping?! I am very aware that I must be dominant and the pack leader so I don't let her dictate our walks.

2) Jumping up when playing with other dogs of various sizes. Luna is very submissive and sweet when meeting a new dog. She knows how to meet and greet small dogs as well as big dogs. She crouches down and lets the other dog come to her then gives kisses THEN after the courting stage is done she wants to play! Problem is, I don't like her jumping up and using her paws to play. How do I keep her on all 4's?

Thanks in advance for any replies!!
Luna-BLue
Newborn Bully

Re: New Member here. Have a few questions about 5 month old

Postby Luna-BLue » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:33 pm

73 views and not one comment eh? Sweet forum! Unsubscribing :clap
Luna-BLue
Newborn Bully

Re: New Member here. Have a few questions about 5 month old

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:12 am

Apologies for the wait! Not many members frequent this section, and us Mods are volunteers. Sometimes it takes us a few day to approve new members. I'm going to approve you, and you can post your questions in the Training Section if you still wish to be a member here. Like I said, most members here frequent the other subforums (Training, Health, General), so you will definitely get responses there.

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions