Hello from Texas :)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Texas :)

Postby Ashley7311 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:22 am

Hello, My name is Ashley Slaughter and I am from a small town in the eastern part of Texas. I have always had a love for Pit Bulls and have always tried to stand up for the breed when people knock them down. I have worked with Pit Bulls at a vet clinic I used to volunteer at and they were all amazing and lovable dogs. Only two of them seemed tense, but that was because they were somewhere new with a bunch of strangers poking them with needles and clipping their toenails haha. I have never owned a Pit Bull on account we have a 12 year old German Shepherd named Dixie and my mom and dad would never let me have more than one dog at a time.

I am now in college and Dixie is still going strong, but my parents are getting a divorce and Mom wants a puppy for a guard dog/companion. I saw this as an opportunity for me to halfway own a Pit Bull and have found a cute 8 week old male Pit someone is practically giving away. If the lady still has him for sale, we are going to go pick him up this coming Friday!!!! :peace: Needless to say, I am very excited!

In addition to having a love for Pit Bulls, I also have a love for horses and currently own a yearling, a two year old, and a three year old AQHA quarter horse. I acquired all of them at the age of five months and have done all of the ground work. My three year old filly recently went to a professional reining and working cow trainer. I was able to ride her over spring break and she is absolutely amazing!

Well, that's my intro. It would have had pictures but I am not sure how to add them. I tried but it didn't work :(
Ashley7311
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Texas :)

Postby Breezy833 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:34 pm

hi and welcome. There is a lot to learn here. My question is why are they practically giving it away? Before i got to this forum i didnt know anything about back yard breeders. I ultimately bought a puppy from one before i got here and found out that i should have walked away from my little boy. Have you asked questions to this breeder that's "giving" them away? are they health and temperament tested? Do they have papers and if so through who?

Getting a new member of the family is always exciting, but i think you should be sure that your not supporting the direct cause of pit bulls being the leaders in shelter dogs. I wasn't lucky enough to have someone who knew these things before i purchase and ended up with a demodex pup. 600$ to correct for a 125 dollar dog. I could have gone and gotten a previously tested shelter dog, or taken my $725 and purchased from a responsible breeder.

Good luck to you
Breezy833
Adolescent Bully

Postby Ashley7311 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:46 pm

The puppy had been bought by someone who passed away soon afterwards. He is 8 weeks as of right now I believe and not papered. The woman who has him right now was a friend of the person who passed away and does not want the dog so I assume she is just wanting to get rid of him ASAP. She is wanting $45 and he is a runt as well. We haven't seen him in person yet but he looks healthy from the pictures and is smut in color. We have not paid the woman yet.

I would love a shelter Pit pup but my mom is not big on the whole "shelter" dog thing, and since technically this will be her dog, I was searching by her rules so to speak.
Ashley7311
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Sounds like a frequent line I hear from backyard breeders. They will make up any story to sale a pup for a few bucks.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Ashley7311 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:16 am

I completely understand, but I would rather the pup come with me to a good home rather than it end up being tossed in a shelter along with all the other shelter pits, cause thats probably where he will end up. Am I saying I support backyard breeders? no I am not. Not at all. But right now my mom and I are kind of in a tight spot and can't spend $400 on a registerd dog. I am not trying to be rude (just in case someone takes this the wrong way). :tongue:
Ashley7311
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:07 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions