I need ADVICE with my 60lbs /6mth Pitbully pup that's showi

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

I need ADVICE with my 60lbs /6mth Pitbully pup that's showi

Postby kiethstone1986 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:17 am

I need some help with my pit that is sniping at my/family faces. Hes never done this to ME before. We have had him for 4 months now and my wife has told me about him doing it to her for awhile now didnt really think much of it never seen it and was just thinking he was being a puppy and she was just worrying to much. Hes a big (60lbs) puppy Pitbully with a huge head now. Tonight I was sitting in my chair and was leaning forward and he comes up to me just licking my hand and then sniped at my face. I told him No! and spanked him on the butt. Then thought about it and figured he just wanted to play with me.So i played with him and everything was fine for an hour. Then he came back up to me started licking me the same way and snipped/bite at my face again but this time he looked pissed and like he wanted to rip my face off. so I took him in bedroom so we would be away from my family and our other older pit. Figured it was time to show him whose the Alpha Male/Boss. I made him lay and sit and then put him in the corner of the room and where he couldn't run anywhere and made him stare at my eyes with my face a foot from his and talked to him like i was pissed off and mad (without yelling and screaming at him) just to see what he really wanted to do. He never did anything but I know/feel he wants too but is to scared or doesn't know his strength right now. Im not worried about him hurting me but worried that he might hurt one of my kids whose ages are 1,4,7. I need some tips or something that I can try without Beating/punishing/hurting him. Also just to know some more about him is I think he was Beat or something before I got him.because he was scared of taking a bath/water. He thought and sounded like I was killing him, but I have almost broken him from being scared of it by pretty much taking one with him every time. He also does an extremely annoying amount of licking everyone like hes sorry please dont beat me! Now we love and treat or dogs like our kids if not better. I do know the reputation they have, I know the breed how they need more attention and I'm firm believer that some owners/scum/people gave them the rep they have, So please DONT post comments/trash talk about how I raise my dogs if you dont agree with my way. Im just asking for some advice, Tips, Knowledge. If anyone has question about him or anything just ask. Thanks
kiethstone1986
Newborn Bully

Re: I need ADVICE with my 60lbs /6mth Pitbully pup that's s

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:31 am

Have you not read any of the threads in Training section?? Alpha/Dominance theory is a load of crap. Please look a few posts down and read the information there. Stop physically punishing your dog before he really does retaliate!

Also, 4 months and 60 lbs?!? Are you serious? What kinda of dog is he, since he's obviously not a Pit Bull breed.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby loophole » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:39 pm

I'm not one to give precise advice but that 's definitely not how you would handle a pit bull. You are feeding a fight or flight type of action around him. You being the only one to "stare" down your dog is not going to help out your 1 yr old when your gone. You need to seriously consider your options and most definitely take a different approach. A pit should not be acting that way unless he was mistreated prior. Having kids that age(1 yr old) and adopting a dog that you do not have any real back ground history on is not the best Idea... With your kids being that age I'd say this is a redzone type of scenario for your kids. Just one snafu away from a real real bad deal. I work with a guy that his grand daughter(was her parents dog) got mauled by a pit bull and died at the hospital. Dog was put down obviously but this is what can happen to kids with pits that are put into bad situations. Blame the deed not the breed. Like the post before said, your not dealing with a real pit here... but the end results for your kids especially in this situation is red zone.. not something to be taken lightly...
We had a 9 month old trying to adopt.. and gave up(i spent a ton of time trying to find one that would work)... so we bought from a breeder at 8 weeks old... our nearly 2 year old can take a bone right out of it's mouth when i'm not home and my wife is watching from the kitchen (dog has no clue).. this is how a pit should behave (any dog for that matter) when socialized and trained correctly... socialized especially with your family and most importantly with your kids!!!!!... be extremely careful.. doesn't seem like a real bad deal til it's too late and I know that grandfather suffered dearly from that case and that girl was 8.
loophole
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:48 pm

I just realized you posted in Intro and aren't a full member yet. Apologies!!! OP can you please post a proper intro so that you can be given access? There's a sample sticky at the top of this section to help you get started with what we like to know.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions