Hi from Saskatchewan

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi from Saskatchewan

Postby mitch » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:48 am

Hi, I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. I don't have any dogs now, it's been about 10 years since my last dog. I have two boys, 2 and 7. I moved to Sask from Ontario. I woke up one day not long ago with nothing but pitbulls on my mind again and hear I am, signing up to forums. My hope is that someone will be able to give me information and stories about dogs and breeders from Canada. I lived in Europe for a while and when I came back to Ontario I found out that the breed was banned. I am now in search of some reputable breeders and want a dog for the family. That's about it. Thanks
mitch
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi from Saskatchewan

Postby Novy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:28 am

Welcome Mitch. I'm not sure you'll have a lot of luck finding many breeders on the prairies. I think people are realizing the effects of BSL. There are still a ton of towns across the prairies with BSL, but most of them have become very lax. That said, this forum is very rescue oriented and there may be some options for you there.

Prairie Pitbull Rescue based in Medicine Hat, AB. http://prairiepitbullrescue.com/
Adopt A Paw in Saskatoon always has a good selection of pits available. http://www.adoptapawpethaven.com
Prairie Pooches Rescue in Cando, SK usually seems to always have a couple pits available. http://prairiepoochesrescue.com/
Bright Eyes (Regina), Prairie Sky (Regina), and New Hope (Saskatoon) are the other large rescues but they don't seem to have pits too often.
Novy
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Welcome Mitch! I second what Novy said and hope you consider adopting. I'm in Ontario and have sent many foster pups to safety out of province.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby haranka » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:55 am

welcome
haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:08 am

:welcome: Hi Mitch! I know you are looking for a breeder, and we are mostly a rescue oriented forum with only a small few of reputable responsible breeders, but I'm going to give you access anyway so that you can gather as much info as you need to help in your decision. There are tons of training info here, as well as info on breeders and what to look for should you not find yourself insterested in adopting from a rescue. Most of the info we have on Breeders is located at the top of the Adoptables section as a Sticky. Happy reading!

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions