Hello, question regarding deformity of tail

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello, question regarding deformity of tail

Postby Leks808 » Sat May 04, 2013 7:01 pm

While purchasing my new pup, there was this male that was very loving, my wife was holding him and of course fell in love him. The breeder mentioned that they called him hippo, my son said why do you call him hippo. His tail was unable to grow out and curved like an S shape. Needless to say we took him too so now I have the both. I've had people tell me to dock his tail but I'm not sure what he will look like. I'm not a fan of the cropped or docked look. I guess my question is, will this look right? Will it affect him leaving his tail alone? My vet said he should be fine. I'm just worried about long term when he becomes bigger. He seems to be growing fine and its funny watching his little tail wiggle when he is excited.
Leks808
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello, question regarding deformity of tail

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Sat May 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Sounds like a kink? That's a sign of a very bad breeder, kinks in the tail should NEVER be bred because they can lead to kinks in the spine.

If your vet doesn't see an issue I wouldn't worry too much, it might just look odd but it's our oddities that make us unique. :)
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Leks808 » Sun May 05, 2013 1:24 am

Oh he was not purchased for breeding. I just didn't want to see this little guy get tossed out because of it. He will be getting fixed along with his brother. These are my pets, my kids, not some cheap easy way to make a buck. I have no intentions on breeding either one of them. Thanks for the response.
Leks808
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:56 am

:welcome: Can you tell us more about yourself so that you can be approved? There's a sample sticky at the top of this section to help you out.

As for the tail, I would have the vet take a look and see if it is affecting his movements and such and go from there. If it is, docking would probably be best, but if the vet feels it isn't affecting his movements and no worry for it causing him any discomfort, then you could leave it if you wish.
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions