Hey all!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hey all!

Postby kayleesays » Thu May 30, 2013 9:59 pm

Hey everyone.
My name is Kaylee. I'm 22 years old and AD military, currently stationed in California. I got involved in pro-pit websites and groups because of a Staffy (maybe part pit) mix at the local shelter where I volunteer. She's been there for almost two months now, and I've tried everything in my control aside from moving to get permission to adopt her, but unfortunately, I hit a legal brick wall.
Now, I'll either be stationed near the lower Baltimore/East Columbia area of Maryland or Anchorage, AK and I've decided to dig for pit-friendly housing and it is absolutely daunting. I've pawed through Craigslist and not a lot helps. It's infuriating and saddening. I come from Maine, where many people have pits and pit mixes and other "bite dogs" (I can't believe that's a real phrase) and nobody even thinks twice.
If I can't save her, I'm nearly positive I'll find another rescue pit mix. I've never had more fun at the shelter than when I take one of these guys out and play.
Here's a picture!

Nice to meet everyone. Have a great day!
kayleesays
Newborn Bully

Re: Hey all!

Postby Curly_07 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Welcome! We have a member here with a house in Baltimore for rent I believe. She rents to responsible pit bull owners :) Would this next duty station be your last? Or do you plan on staying in a while? I do love that you are thinking so far ahead and being responsible about your decision!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:43 pm

And oh my goodness he is a cutie!!!

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby kayleesays » Thu May 30, 2013 10:49 pm

Curly_07 wrote:Welcome! We have a member here with a house in Baltimore for rent I believe. She rents to responsible pit bull owners :) Would this next duty station be your last? Or do you plan on staying in a while? I do love that you are thinking so far ahead and being responsible about your decision!

Hi Curly! It is in fact my first "real" duty station, but because of my job, I would be there for at least three or four years, in all likelihood! Honestly, I could end up doing my entire enlistment there, haha.
kayleesays
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:33 pm

So you're either AF or USCG? Am I right?? :)

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby cl61477 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:58 pm

What a cutie!!! Dog is cute as well!!! roflmao
cl61477
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:26 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07