First time pit owner, and I got 2

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

First time pit owner, and I got 2

Postby ChrisAZ » Fri May 31, 2013 9:58 am

Hey gang,

Rescued 2 pits about 9 months ago and they're getting big. Love my boys but I could use some guidance at times to make sure I'm doing right by them. I try not to play favorites but one of them I can take anywhere and he's a super obedient, calm and timid people pleaser and the his brother was the runt, and he's kind of a jerk (I love him too, but he's a not an easy dog, that's for sure)

Here's a couple pics of my boys (at 9 months)
Brady (left, the tougher dog) and Bruschi (right, the easier dog)

Me and my brothers with our dogs
ChrisAZ
Newborn Bully

Re: First time pit owner, and I got 2

Postby ChrisAZ » Fri May 31, 2013 10:30 am

Started reading some more intros and realized mine's a bit lacking.

I'm Chris, I live in AZ but I am originally from the Boston area. I'm a single dad, homeowner, sports fan, weight lifting enthusiast, and have owned a dog my entire life. My dogs are named after Tedy Bruschi (Patriots HOF linebacker) and Tom Brady (I'm assuming you know who he is because he's already a legend... if you don't know who he is, he's the guy who married the highest paid supermodel on the planet: Gisele)

I didn't set out to be a pit bull owner, me and my daughter decided we needed a family dog since our last one (Malti-poo) is no longer with us. When I posted on Facebook that I was looking into getting a dog, my dog rescue friends inundated me with so many options but most of them were Pits. I liked the idea, because I feel like I can relate to them better than fluffy little barking machines, and once my kiddo saw a puppy picture of Bruschi, she was in love.

The rescue was at capacity and asked me to foster both brothers so they could stay together as long as possible (I got them too young, 4 weeks) and also because the home they were in was for the tougher dogs, and they just weren't living a good enough life there. So I took them both in, and started training them very early.

Bruschi, the good boy, always showed good boy personality traits and Brady, the tough one, always showed bad boy traits (growling even at humans, "play" that resulted in lots of damage to Bruschi despite being the smaller dog, fearfulness, etc). I decided to keep Brady because I feared that an owner who didn't really bust his or her butt to work with him would be in hot water, or that he would eventually end up in the shelter because somebody would give up on him. So now I have 2 boys, and they're still the same as they were as babies. One is a always such a good dog, and the other, takes a lot more work.

We also have a turtle named Harlem Shake and a bearded dragon named Captain Jackie (originally Captain Jack until we found out she was a girl).
ChrisAZ
Newborn Bully

Postby Beret » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:57 pm

Welcome!

Seems you realized firsthand that all dogs are individuals! Just make sure you're mindful of each your dogs' individual needs and tendencies when working with them, to best set each one up for success.
Beret
Newborn Bully

Postby chinchi_&_chupa » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:37 am

Hi from Havasu!! Great pics and beautiful dogs!! There is so much great info here to handle and help your Brady! Soak it up :)
chinchi_&_chupa
Matured Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:24 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions