hello from dug and phoebe in new york city

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

hello from dug and phoebe in new york city

Postby beelzebubjones » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:33 am

my name is dug. i live in midtown manhattan. the source of most of my joy comes from my american staffordshire terrier, phoebe. i've run into a lot of people that say they have a dog that looks exactly like her. and now i've had the same experience. i've seen her doppelganger recently. people say that she is a "gator pit". no idea if that is anything legitimate but she's a tawny blond with dark brown eyes and black lips and eyeliner and all her nails are black save for one on her right rear foot and that's white. it seems to be the hallmark of a "gator pit". i have had her for just about two years now. i got her in nashville tennessee. she's a rescue but not from abuse but from neglect. she spent about a year at the end of a chain in a backyard. she had a little house and was fed daily but other than that she didn't have a lot of interaction or attention. she's as sweet as homemade pie. when i brought her to new york city she was a little awe struck. the traffic. the lights. the elevator. she is now completely settled into her life here. she still hates the buses but so do most dogs that were born here. so, i doubt that will ever change. after i had her for about six months i sat her on my lap and opened my bedroom window and had her look out. it was so funny because she looked out the window and realized she was twenty floors up. she stayed looking out the window for a good half hour. the next time we took the elevator she ran to the stairs that have a floor to ceiling window and i could tell she finally realized what the elevator did.
beelzebubjones
Newborn Bully

Re: hello from dug and phoebe in new york city

Postby Nickdawg » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:02 pm

welcome! I love new york though I have only been there once. loved your window story!!
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby sueb » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Welcome to the forum! It's a great site. You'll learn a lot here!
sueb
Addicted to PBF

Postby beelzebubjones » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:17 am

hey thank you both. you're right about learning a lot. i now know phoebe is a blue fawn color. that my reticence and guilt about not taking phoebe to the dog run is actually a good thing, that the potential for trouble is a real thing. i read so much about pitbulls that i had to go play with phoebe for a good two hours and then we took a nap. lol.
beelzebubjones
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:58 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions