the cancer or arthritis?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

the cancer or arthritis?

Postby twisted » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:06 pm

hey everyone. in another post i told ya about how the vet htinks socks has synovial cancer.its 90% probable. i cant afford the surgery for the byopsy so we are treating the symptoms as they come. he also has sever arthritis of the spine towards his very rear end.

right now iam doing research.im trying to figure out if his lameness in the rear end is more to do with his arthritis then the probable synovial cancer. let me explain a bit on how he walks and so on. he has a slight hunch towards his rear end and his rear legs dont always know where they are.when he sometimes tries to poop its hard for him to hold himself up. other then this he is fine.i put a call into the vet friday but he had the weekend off. he is on prednisone and gabapentine. i think its time for a med change?

any suggestions would be awesome!

i hope every one and their dogs are doing well.

thanks_,George
twisted
Newborn Bully

Re: the cancer or arthritis?

Postby Nickdawg » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:17 am

I would be worried about pain control- these dogs are very stoic and don't tend to show it- my dog Nick was on metacam (liquid) and tramadol for bad arthritis and worked very well.

can also do cartropen shots.

later with the bone cancer - stronger meds but I let him go run free shortly - VERY different scenerio of course.

also you may want to check into care credit - high interest but helped me out a time or two http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/

hugs to you and socks-
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby twisted » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:03 pm

thanks nickdawg, i already have care credit...

ill ask my vet about those meds. socks at one time was on meloxicam liqued and that done wonders but that was when he wasnt as bad.

as soon as the vet calls back i will post up what is happening.
twisted
Newborn Bully

Postby Nickdawg » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:46 am

how's sweet Socks? ps how did he get his name?
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues