Thyroid fun for everyone.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Thyroid fun for everyone.

Postby Enigma » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:10 am

I'm so sorry to hear Booker is going through this :( Hang in there Booker! :hug:
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:10 pm

Have you found out anything more? How's he doing?
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby heartbullies » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:41 pm

He's doing OK- I didn't get a chance to pull another sample yet (to send to Dr. Dodds)since work has been INSANE, but I did order the toenail things (compliance on my end will be easier than with booties so hopefully they help!), a calming pheromone collar that smells like old lady to me, and some calming supplement with L-theanenernernererorother in it. lol Plus I doubled the salmon oil he gets daily, and am continuing the Glycoflex 3.

Also my BF and I have yoga mats & exercise mats on the floor in case that helps... but last night Booker was still hesitant to come into the kitchen on the mat. It seems like he was afraid of the doorway area? Maybe it's the confined space, same as in my narrow hallway? This doesn't explain why the one spot inside the kitchen still sorta scares him, or why it took about three minutes of coaxing to get him to go past a certain invisible line on the floor this AM to get up on the bed for snuggle time. :(

I hope the toe things can help me figure out if it's him being unstable physically, or if I can rule that out and learn its a mental thing. Right now I just want to narrow down the problem so I can best attack it, which is why we're trying such a wide variety of little changes/products & diagnostic labwork to get clues.

So.no answers yet. But thank you for asking about us. I really just want him to be physically & mentally comfortable & that means I need to figure out the problem. Right now he is snoozing on a double-decker bed at work with his friend, a female Dobie, and he got to eat a bunch of homemade treats from a favorite human. :)

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby Red » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:27 am

Hoping for some helpful news soon. Sending hugs to the Brown and Nerdy. :)
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:33 pm

Michigan State University is the best for thyroid function testing. There isn't anything Dr. Dodds does that a full thyroid panel from Michigan won't tell you.

If his thyroid function tests all come back normal, or if treatment doesn't help, I would recommend a neuro exam with a neurologist as a next step.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Previous

Return to Health Issues