Hello :)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello :)

Postby pbl1103 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Hello,
I am Angela, and I'm from Scranton, PA.

I fell in love with pit bulls while walking dogs at the local animal shelter. There were quite a few that I had actually wished I could have adopted, but the ones I fell in love with wouldn't have fit in with the pets we already had. I've been reading quite a bit about pit bulls since then, and dogs in general. They are pretty much my favorite breed, now. All of the shelter pit bulls that I met were extremely affectionate, but it took a while for a lot of them to find homes. It really broke my heart, especially when they would get stressed from being pent up in kennels for so long.

We adopted Sophie a few months ago from someone who didn't want her, anymore. I'm not sure why they wanted to get rid of her. I am really happy that they socialized her really well, though. Sophie loves everyone, including kids, cats, dogs... I'm not sure if they took really good care of her, though, since I found a flea on her the first night she was here. The fleas were dealt with, though, and now she is flea-free. Maybe they did do at least something to keep her from getting fleas, though, since it was the only flea I ever found on her and all I did was put some Frontline on her. She also needed some help with housetraining, but I think that might've had to do with the stress of being rehomed. She did learn quickly, though.

I've taught her a lot since she came here, and she is still learning. She's a smart dog if you are persistent with her and firm. She seems to learn rather quickly. I even have her mostly trained not to beg for food and to instead lay on the floor looking away.

She's a bit of a goof, though, probably because she's still young (1 1/2 years old). But that just makes her more lovable.
She a very affectionate and gentle dog and seems really tolerant, even with our other dog Dunkin. She can be a bit clumsy, though, and sometimes bumps into things.

I think she is a mix, mostly because of how her lips and ears are a bit floppy. But to be honest it's not that big of a deal to me. She also drools a lot sometimes, especially when food is involved.

pbl1103
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello :)

Postby pbl1103 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:41 pm

*I meant consistent, not persistent

What I like most about pitbulls is their affection for people and how willing they are to please (not to mention that I think they are rather adorable). They also seem very trainable with the right owner. I really love training Sophie, and I am pretty dedicated to her training. I am considering looking into training classes, so that she can reach her full potential. She knows a lot of commands, such as sit, lay down, stay, and come, and we are working on "drop it" and "quiet." I also like to practice the commands she knows, just to make sure they are solid.

I also really love taking her for long walks. She has learned to pay attention to me and not pull on the leash as much. She's really learning how to walk well with a loose leash. Hopefully, she'll be great with that in no time. I am hoping to take her hiking next week, too, which I'm surprised we haven't done, yet. She is also extremely playful and loves the outdoors.

I decided to join a pit bull forum, so I can learn as much as possible about them, even though I've been doing research on them for a while. I've actually had an interest in the pit bull breeds for quite a while, even before I met my first pit. I am also considering maybe looking into books about them.

I think I kind of forgot to say much about myself, maybe because I'm not really sure what to say. I guess I'll have to start out with saying that my other interests include reading, writing, working out (although I must admit that I'm not too fit), a bit of anime, and music. I'm sure I'm forgetting something to add to that list. I am not too much of an extrovert, but I do enjoy being with my group of friends. My other pets include two cats (Diamond and JD), my other dog Dunkin (a chihuahua/pug mix that we adopted from the local shelter), and several guinea pigs. I spend a lot of time with my animals, especially the dogs.
pbl1103
Newborn Bully

Postby patty » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:14 pm

:welcome: Hi Angela

Sophie is soooo lucky to have found you!

Dunkin looks like a real character lol
patty
Forum Junky

Postby pbl1103 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:33 am

patty wrote::welcome: Hi Angela

Sophie is soooo lucky to have found you!

Dunkin looks like a real character lol

Thanks!
pbl1103
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:09 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions