Senior Citizen Food Recomendations?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Senior Citizen Food Recomendations?

Postby JCleve86 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Old Man Boo (formerly known as Bosco) needs some food recommendations. He is devouring his last bag of Wellness Senior, which is being discontinued apparently.

Special Considerations:
1. Old Man Boo has frequent bouts with pancreatitis, so he requires a low fat and not ridiculously high protein diet.
2. Old Man Boo likes to decorate the carpet with regurgitated meals quite frequently, so he needs something that won't upset his stomach. (He would like to add that you shouldn't worry about his carpet gifts; he recycles. :oops: )
3. Old Man Boo is a senior citizen now, and the most activity he gets are brief walks (with occasional zoomies for fun) and sprinting to his food bowl at breakfast and dinner; he doesn't need too many calories!
4. Besides the above noted considerations, he hasn't really had too many dietary issues (read: no allergies).

Thanks in advance for your help. :)
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Re: Senior Citizen Food Recomendations?

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Have you checked these out? They are great recommendations for dogs with pancreatic issues.
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/best-dog- ... -dog-food/

My senior Lady Bug has numerous health issues and problems with packing on the lbs. She's been doing great on Acana since I switched over about 7 months ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
Curly_07
Regulator

Re: Senior Citizen Food Recomendations?

Postby dogs4jen » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:32 pm

That page is really helpful! I will have to remember that for future reference. I see that a Fromm four Star food is on the list, I have been feeding that brand to all three of my dogs for a while now and they've been doing fine, including my old girl Susie. She's thirteen or so but doesn't have the health issues yours does, yet anyways. I used to feed her the regular Wellness but got tired of buying separate food.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Return to Health Issues