Hi from So Cali

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi from So Cali

Postby marie319 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:43 pm

My name is Marie and my b/f and I are looking for a pit bull terrier puppy. I've loved dogs my whole life, and can't wait to start an adventure with my own a pit puppy, one of my life long dreams! < I joined this forum to learn more about the breed from other pit bull owners, make some friends, and hopefully get answers to all of my question that I have! :) Also, if anyone knows of any good breeders in So Cali, please let me know of them, because I'm finding it difficult to find any that look reputable.
marie319
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi from So Cali

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:47 am

Welcome! You are in the right place to learn! I want to thank you for doing research before impulse buying...it's refreshing to hear and will only help you. Once I get on the computer I will post some links for you to read that could help you. Would you be interested in adopting a puppy rather than purchasing? Just curious.

Also, can you tell us a little about yourself for full access? Like your hobbies, goals for you and you soon to be new pup, etc. There's a sample sticky at the top of this section to help you out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby marie319 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:57 pm

Curly_07 wrote:Welcome! You are in the right place to learn! I want to thank you for doing research before impulse buying...it's refreshing to hear and will only help you. Once I get on the computer I will post some links for you to read that could help you. Would you be interested in adopting a puppy rather than purchasing? Just curious.

Also, can you tell us a little about yourself for full access? Like your hobbies, goals for you and you soon to be new pup, etc. There's a sample sticky at the top of this section to help you out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2

I'd love to adopt a puppy too, and I don't want this to turn into a fight or anything, but I don't want my dog neutered and that's a requirement. My dog is never going to be allowing to roam free and will always be safely confined. I have experience with unaltered dogs too.

We live in So California, close enough to LA, and I haven't owned a dog for a couple years now. I don't have much experience with pit bulls, but I've always loved everything about them. They love to please, are affectionate, intelligent, and friendly (if socialized well), etc. I'd love to participate in agility and/or obedience competitions, I'm honestly not sure which, just depends on the dog's interests. There are also other fun things that I'd like to do, like go swimming at the dog friendly beach and stuff. I don't own any dogs, or there aren't any in the household, but I have a hamster. ;p He's safely locked in a cage and only let out in a ball. I'll have to teach the pup to leave him be. lol

I just finished my freshman year of college, and I'm a pre-med student. That's why I'm happy that we have a lot of family in the household to give tons of attention to the pup/dog in case I get a little busy. :) I don't have any pictures on this pc, but when I find some of my mom's dog, I'll post them up. His name is Dude, and he's a pekingese/poodle mix with tons of attitude! He's prob like 11 years old now, we've had him since I was 9. I moved from home to live with my b/f, but I do miss him greatly.
marie319
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:25 pm

Here's a link to help you with picking a breeder. If you'd like, you can post a thread in General asking for help with picking one, or for some recomendations. Be sure to specify what breed of "pit bull" you are looking for (APBT, AST, SBT, Am Bully). Also keep in mind that breeder links are not allowed on the forum, so members with recomendations will have to IM them to you. Be sure to read around the Health and Training sections for more info on things to be prepared for with the breed

Breeder Info:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49670

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions