Greetings and salutations,

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Greetings and salutations,

Postby earthtreesky » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Hello All, I am Milly from the sunny coast of South Carolina. I am a 35 year old stay at home mom of 2 kids and 2 dogs.

I have a 1.5 year old Lab (Star), and a recently adopted 11 week old APBT (Scout).

I have raised and trained many different breeds, but this is the first time I have shared my life with a pitbull. I found out in the first few days of his arrival, that I had some deep seeded biases that I needed to work through to be able to give him the trust and love that he needs. Ironically, when I chose to bring him home, I didn't think I had them. So, as I have begun to work with him, and train him, those fears and shadows have faded away. I am very happy that he has joined our family, and I am proud and eager to raise an APBT ambassador.

I am grateful to be a part of a community that is eager to assist and encourage other APBT owners; it is tough to get clear unbiased advice for this breed.

I will upload photos as soon as I am able.

Blessings ~M
earthtreesky
Newborn Bully

Re: Greetings and salutations,

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Welcome! You sound like you will be an awesome pit bull owner! Thank you for adopting and giving the breed a chance :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
Curly_07
Regulator

Re: Greetings and salutations

Postby earthtreesky » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Sorry if the original was too short. Here is some info about me.

I am an Usui Reiki Master/ Teacher as well as a Karuna Reiki Master.
I am an Integrative Reflexologist, and will begin massage school in August.
My children are 7.5 years apart, so one is about to go into 7th grade and the other is about to begin Kindergarten.
I have been with my husband since I was 19 years old, and we are still going strong. It never ceases to amaze me that I still get all fluttery in my tummy when he looks at me a certain way.

My goal with Scout is to raise him to be well mannered, congenial, and friendly to everyone (human and animal) that he meets. He will be a companion pet, so no feats of strength or anything, but I would love for him to be able to play frisbee, and be a master at fetch and find like my Lab. It is my ultimate goal to raise him to turn people on to the truth about APBTs, and to share my own struggle with understanding and overcoming my own prejudice against the breed.

He came into my life to teach me about myself, and what I need to grow and be a better person. My duty is to pay it forward and give him the life he deserves.
earthtreesky
Newborn Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:39 am

Hi Milly! Welcome to the forum.

In a fit of insomnia tonight I started thinking about Reiki. Weird that the first post I read mentions it. What is the difference between the two that you do/use?
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby earthtreesky » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:56 am

Usui Reiki is of the lineage directly handed down through Master Mikao Usui. He was the founder of Reiki as we know it today. As it has been handed down it has grown and changed a bit, especially since it has come to the West, but fundamentally, it is the Reiki practice that is recognized as from the founder.

Karuna Reiki is the embodiment of compassionate action, and was developed by William Rand and 12 other Reiki Masters involved in the International Center for Reiki Training.

It is based on the idea that energy is not stagnant, and is increasing in vibration as time progresses. In this aspect, Reiki energy grows and increases in vibration. So, Karuna Reiki is a bit more intense energetically, and is only taught to Reiki Masters.

If you are interested, I can explain how it came about, but this is the short answer, lol.

Thank you for your interest and being unafraid to ask.

Blessings ~M
earthtreesky
Newborn Bully

Postby earthtreesky » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Picture tiiiiime!!!

This is Scout. He was 8 weeks in this photo and is now 10 weeks. He seems to be getting a little more red down his back. If you guys have any idea what this color is, please let me know. I keep looking for his tone in other dogs, but never seem to find one.

Star and Scout sharing the Puppy Loveseat.

earthtreesky
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:45 pm

The pics don't show :-( you may have to use Photobucket from your computer or Tapatalk forum app from a smart phone.

The red showing is probably seal tones if he is black colored? I'll know more when I see a pic :)

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby earthtreesky » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks for the help. I am new to forums, but I think I am getting the hang of it now. I appreciate your interest in my pooch, and your patience as I learn the ropes.

This is Scout, he is 10 weeks old.

This one is for help identifying his coat color. It was taken in full sun to show of the ruddy areas; in shadier places he just looks pinky beige in those spots. (Mom is red and white with a black muzzle and nose. Dad is blue and white with a grayish colored nose.)

This is the buddy pic.

earthtreesky
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:14 pm

Oh he is cute! There is a coat/fur color chart sticky in General that will help you out. I think the coloring is called red fawn, but I could wrong :)

I'll approve you shortly when I get to my computer. Hope you enjoy it here and thank you for the awesome intro!

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Nickdawg » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:36 pm

:inlove: what a darling boy
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby earthtreesky » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:44 am

Once I am approved will I see a "post reply button" beneath all threads? I was wanting to add to a thread and couldn't find a reply option, so assume it is because I am not official yet.

Thanks in advance.
earthtreesky
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Ohmygoodnes I completely forgot to add you! I am so sorry! I will do it asap when I get off work! You will see an approval reply in this thread.

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:44 am

Sorry for the wait! My ADD got the best of me!

:modwelcomeonly2:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions