Hello Everyone

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello Everyone

Postby whoward1 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:28 pm

Thank you for letting me join. My name is Leellyn.

I just came back from the vets to find out that my 8 year old pitbull has a heart murmur. I decided to look more into it on line and I came across your site. I rescued "Kita" a male pitbull about 3-1/2 years ago. He was, at that time, and for a long time afterwards, a very difficult dog. He had been used for fighting, had been stabbed, hit over the head several times with lead pipes, and beat frequently. I was told he was used as a "drug dog" He would not let anyone near him without striking out, hence, he had been deemed unadoptable and I was told he would be PTS.

He was so young, I could not bear it. I decided to bring him home to see if I could make a difference. He did not trust people what so ever and was a fearful type of vicious. He considered anything in your hand a weapon, (remote, hairbrush, etc.) You could not come within 15 feet of his food bowl, toys, bones, etc. It took 1-1/2 years of constant and careful and very slow care and especially movements, before he even started wagging his tail, and then another 2 months or so before he would relax his ears. The last 6 months we have notice how much he trusts us now. He is the the happiest and silliest dog. It is so good to see him this way. The last 3 months or so, he has even started showing me affection.

I have learned so much through Kita, especially that anything is possible. We are so glad we had him come live us. He is such a joy, and he has become best friends with our new dog, Sam, who is a Rottweiler / Rhidgeback.

Anyway, I think it is nice to have a place to come and learn from more experienced folks, and I appreciate having the opportunity to use your site. Thank you - Leellyn
whoward1
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:53 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions