Hi, From GA

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi, From GA

Postby Danielle_Marie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:10 am

Hi, I'm Danielle and I'm 18. I have my own dog Missy a Border Collie/lab and a family dog Chase Dalmation/lab. I have joined because I just found this dog and I think it has some Pit Bull in it and would like an opinion from others who know this breed. And yes, I'm am trying to find this girls owner. She is really sweet and full of energy.

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii571/southerngirl604/th_DSCN2397_zpsf4985519.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii571/southerngirl604/th_DSCN2395_zps035412f8.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii571/southerngirl604/th_DSCN2398_zps8d57fa54.jpg
Danielle_Marie
Newborn Bully
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Georgia

Re: Hi, From GA

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:17 am

Welcome! She looks Pit Bull-ish, and maybe American Bulldog-ish to me, but she could be anything lol I hope you can find her owners! Have you taken her to the vet to be scanned for a chip? Put an ad on CL with a general description, and ask that whoever claims her provides pics for proof?

Also, if you'd like full access to the forum, can you tell us some about you? There's a sample sticky at the top of this section to help you out. You don't have to own a Pit Bull type dog to join, we welcome all responsible dog owners here :)
User avatar
Curly_07
Regulator
 
Posts: 3349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Fairfax Station, VA

Re: Hi, From GA

Postby Danielle_Marie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:27 am

Thank You.
That's what I was thinking Pit bull/American bulldog and maybe something else. I did take her up to my local SPCA to have her scanned for a chip and she doesn't have one sadly. I have posted Found Dog ads everywhere online and have gave a very vague description of her. When they call me they have to explain what she looks like and send a pic. I've also posted flyers around my area. No one seems to be looking for her sadly.
Danielle_Marie
Newborn Bully
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Georgia

Re: Hi, From GA

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:46 am

Hi Danielle, welcome to the forum! I'm no help on how you can look for the pups original owners-not anymore than you've already done. What will you do if you can't find them? Do you want to keep her? Will you foster her until you find a good home?

*side note* My younger sister's name is also Danielle Marie. We call her Dani. :)
User avatar
jamielvsaustin
Regulator
 
Posts: 6393
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:13 am
Location: Palm Bay Florida

Re: Hi, From GA

Postby Danielle_Marie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:18 pm

If I can't find her owners than it's up to my parents to whether we keep her or not. I think we might keep her, because my mom really likes her and so do I and the rest of my family. The only problem about keeping her is my dad does not care for dogs so he might say no. Me and my family will foster her until we find a good home for her if we don't keep her.

*side note* Cool. My friends call me Danie alot and my family always call me Dee or DeDee.
Danielle_Marie
Newborn Bully
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Georgia

Re: Hi, From GA

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:57 pm

If you guys do decide to keep her-make sure you read the stickies on the different sections here. Primarily you want to keep the dogs separated when no one is available to supervise (incase a fight breaks out), and you need to know that she might get to a point where she doesn't like other dogs (even the one's she lives with). It doesn't always happen with PB type dogs, but it's pretty common. Most people follow some sort of crate and rotate routine.
User avatar
jamielvsaustin
Regulator
 
Posts: 6393
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:13 am
Location: Palm Bay Florida

Re: Hi, From GA

Postby Danielle_Marie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:22 pm

Danielle_Marie wrote:Hi, I'm Danielle and I'm 18. I have my own dog Missy a Border Collie/lab and a family dog Chase Dalmation/lab. I have joined because I just found this dog and I think it has some Pit Bull in it and would like an opinion from others who know this breed. And yes, I'm am trying to find this girls owner. She is really sweet and full of energy.

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii571/southerngirl604/th_DSCN2397_zpsf4985519.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii571/southerngirl604/th_DSCN2395_zps035412f8.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii571/southerngirl604/th_DSCN2398_zps8d57fa54.jpg



I live in Northwest Georgia with my parents and 3 brothers. I just found a Pitbull/American Bulldog/Boxer?? mix. So after finding her I am interested in learning more about her breeds because she is such a great dog. I love how smart, energetic yet calm she is.

My current dog is Missy who I found on a walking trail when she was 6 months old. No, one came forward to claim her so my mom allowed me to keep her. That was 7 years ago. Than there is the family dog Chase he is 15 years old. My sister got him from her friends accidental litter. I also have a Parakeet(mine), two cats Sophie and Scout(family), and two yellow belly turtles Samson and Delilah(family)

I don't do dog sports, but I would love to. Missy is reactive toward dogs(not aggressive) and I don't have the money to participate in a class for a sport.
Missy
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii571/southerngirl604/th_DSCN1912_zpse602c74c.jpg
Chase
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii571/southerngirl604/th_Photo0278.jpg
Danielle_Marie
Newborn Bully
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Georgia

Re: Hi, From GA

Postby Danielle_Marie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:25 pm

jamielvsaustin wrote:If you guys do decide to keep her-make sure you read the stickies on the different sections here. Primarily you want to keep the dogs separated when no one is available to supervise (incase a fight breaks out), and you need to know that she might get to a point where she doesn't like other dogs (even the one's she lives with). It doesn't always happen with PB type dogs, but it's pretty common. Most people follow some sort of crate and rotate routine.


Thanks for the info. I've had a dog aggressive dog before, so I know how to deal with one. :) She is crated when we aren't watching her. But I will read the stickies.
Danielle_Marie
Newborn Bully
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Georgia

Re: Hi, From GA

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:33 pm

Chase looks like he could have one of the breeds that fall under the term Pit Bull mixed in with him.
User avatar
jamielvsaustin
Regulator
 
Posts: 6393
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:13 am
Location: Palm Bay Florida

Re: Hi, From GA

Postby Danielle_Marie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:25 pm

jamielvsaustin wrote:Chase looks like he could have one of the breeds that fall under the term Pit Bull mixed in with him.


Nope, my mom said his mom was purebred Dalmatian and his dad was purebred Lab.
Danielle_Marie
Newborn Bully
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Georgia

Re: Hi, From GA

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:45 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
User avatar
Curly_07
Regulator
 
Posts: 3349
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Fairfax Station, VA


Return to Introductions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests