Hello from Tuscaloosa! (Warning: graphic picture)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Tuscaloosa! (Warning: graphic picture)

Postby jgshanks » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi everyone -

Brienne (the Beauty) is snoring at my feet at the moment. My parents had a dog during my later childhood, but she's my first (I've always had cats, and still do). She came into my life via the CEO of the nonprofit my girlfriend and I teach for - she's an angel who rescues/rehabilitates strays. She found Brienne in October of '11 tied up to a stop sign near her house with a shoestring looking like this:

She came home with us two days ago having been transformed into this:

She's taking VERY well to being the only dog in the household but is confused as to why the two 7-year-old cats with no dog experience don't like her very much, but since she has cat experience she's gentle and doesn't chase. It's a great situation and we're thrilled to get to the business of spoiling her!

I'm sure she's at least mostly pit, probably APBT if my googling is accurate? She's 50 pounds on the nose and LOVES to please. No idea what else, if anything, may be in there - obviously the initial "owner" is not available for comment, which is good, as I have several "comments" for him. Our boss, though, who rescued her, is a saint, and has placed many happy critters (and keeps many more!).
jgshanks
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Tuscaloosa! (Warning: graphic picture)

Postby jgshanks » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:47 am

To add info about us:

I'm a 30-year-old professional classical musician finishing my doctorate, she's 22 and finishing her bachelor's. We like running, hiking, and Geocaching, and so far Brienne really enjoys running with us on the short laps we've taken her on (it's HOT here in Alabama!). My dad and his dog (Molly, border collie mix) have 3500+ Geocache finds together, so Brienne and we have a way to go to catch up.
jgshanks
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Tuscaloosa! (Warning: graphic picture)

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:33 pm

:welcome: Glad to have you! What an amazing transformation!

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions