Hello from the Ozarks

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from the Ozarks

Postby myanna » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi everybody.
My name is Windy. We have adopted a 2 year old (actually there is some debate between vets on her age) pit mix named Anna. Anna came to us from a rescue group in Little Rock. We live in the Independence county area.

My husband and his family have raised bully breeds and he has a huge soft spot in his heart for those type of dogs. I was raised with working breeds like huskies and such so when we wanted to adopt a dog, we knew a larger dog would be best for us.

I was one of those people who assumed all pit bulls were mean. The only dog that ever attacked me was a pit bull (or looked like one anyway)and I have been terrified of them ever since. When I meet my husband, his Dad and brother both had pits, and I just could not believe this was the same breed I was scared of. These dogs were comical, loyal, affectionate and so smart. Over the years I found myself looking forward more to seeing their dog Jade, than my in-laws.

So I agreed to search for a pit bull rescue. We found Anna with her foster Dad in a warm loving home. Anna had been handed over to the rescue because her previous owner said she was stubborn, difficult and defiant. The foster had her since May and he never saw any of those qualities. It was love at first site. Anna is so very smart. She is also endearingly sweet and desperate to please us. We are Anna’s forever home and I just don’t know how we ever managed without her. She is a constant companion and just an all around lovely being.

We also have two children. A boy age 18 and a daughter age 13. Anna adores both of the children. We also have a rescue cat named Hera. Hera hates Anna. Anna wants to pay with Hera. For this reason Hera the cat has a special room where she stays and is only allowed out while I am home and can watch them.

I am here hoping to learn more about this breed and hoping to be able to access good sound advice. Anna has an amazing nose so I am hoping to learn more about nose work. We also run twice a day and toss the ball around…but I want to do more with her. Plus we need more leash training. My arms are super sore trying to handle her, but she gets better every single time we go out. Anna knows Sit, Stay, No, Down, Go, Come and “No teeth” but we need work on leave it, heel and some other things. We also don’t have any professional trainers in my area so …it’s sort of all on me. 
myanna
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from the Ozarks

Postby Nickdawg » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:00 pm

welcome! you sound like an awesome owner! I would love to see some pictures of the sweet Anna :)
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Welcome! Another awesome intro :) I'll approve you shortly once I get to my computer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby myanna » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:53 pm

I have a few pics. I have been trying since yesterday to put them all in one reply using the directions in the tutorial provided here....but I just cannot get it to work. So i will post them one at a time.

Introducing Anna the wonerdog:
myanna
Newborn Bully

Postby myanna » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:54 pm

myanna
Newborn Bully

Postby myanna » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:56 pm

myanna
Newborn Bully

Postby myanna » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:57 pm

myanna
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:32 pm

So cute!! Apologies for the wait! I'm having issues with my laptop lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Nickdawg » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:21 pm

she's super cute!
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby myanna » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:49 pm

Awww thanks guys! She is so sweet and I love her markings. Someone asked me what sort of dog she was and I told them she was a pit mixed with angel :angel:

Her foster Dad thought she was maybe a mix of pit and boxer. But I have never seen a boxer with spots like she has. I guess she is just Anna :) Which is all she has to be. ;)
myanna
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:55 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions