Does my puppy look part pitbull?

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Does my puppy look part pitbull?

Postby Pinkwillow » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:21 pm

I'm sorry to join and ask this here. I recently adopted a puppy from a private owner/seller. She claimed the puppy was given to her from a friend who didn't know her dog was pregnant. They decided to rehome him because they didn't have enough time for him.

The ad said chihuahua/maltese puppy. He is chunky and I am definitely doubting he's a chihuahua maltese because he doesn't look like any of the pictures on google. My parents and cousin seem to think he is part pitbull. I'm not sure... I don't know what to look for. Here is his description and I'm including pictures. As of right now he is supposedly 3 or 4 months but I think he's older than that. He weighs probably 7-8 lbs. He is tan with a white belly and white paws. He has a dark spot in the middle of his long flat tail. He has floppy ears with a little dent/chip in the corner. Brown eyes. A lot of whiskers (Didn't know if this was a pit trait or not, couldn't find out on google) on his cheeks, chin, next to his eyes and above his eyes where an "eyebrow" would be.

I don't have a problem with pitbulls and it's not like I'm running to rehome him if he is part pit. We just did not really want a big dog and we want something chihuahua to mate with our girl later. Let me know what you all think, thanks so much.

Pinkwillow
Newborn Bully

Re: Does my puppy look part pitbull?

Postby Enigma » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Pinkwillow wrote:and we want something chihuahua to mate with our girl later.
WHY?? You have thousands of chihuahua AND pit bull mixes in shelters all over your country, why on earth would you want to produce more? PLEASE spay and neuter both of them, there are too many unwanted pets euthanised every day, because there's not enough homes for them, there's no need to make more. Your puppy doesn't look to be mixed with a pit bull.
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby Pinkwillow » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:38 pm

That's true, and I appreciate the honest feedback. I was planning to have this new puppy as a pet and companion #1. If they end up having puppies that's just a fun bonus. I was probably planning to keep one, and I have family who would be interested in the other puppies if/when that time comes. But you are right, shelter pets should be a higher priority. Thank you for the peace of mind, although I have no problem with pitbulls we really can't have a big dog right now.
Pinkwillow
Newborn Bully

Postby Enigma » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Pinkwillow wrote:I was planning to have this new puppy as a pet and companion #1. If they end up having puppies that's just a fun bonus.
Being a part of a huge overpopulation problem is not a "fun bonus" when owning intact dogs. Please consider spaying and neutering both of your dogs, there's absolutely no reason for them to breed, if you or your family want to own one just like them, go adopt one in a shelter or rescue, don't produce more unwanted pets.
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:54 am

Oh geez. What Enigma said x 1000000.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Return to Introductions