Greetings from Chicago!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Greetings from Chicago!

Postby NAnd622 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi, everyone!

My name is Nicole. I'm a 25 year-old EMT and college student. I recently adopted my Pit Bull-Boxer mix, Rocky, from a local rescue. According to the vet, he's somewhere between 1 and 2 years-old. He's your typical energetic and (at times) rebellious teenager! Haha. Lucky for me, he's insanely food-motivated! ;)

Though I've always loved the breed, Rocky is my first Pit Bull. Before adopting him, I was well-aware of the stigma surrounding the breed and I try not to take people's initial reactions to his appearance to heart. Training is a huge part of our lives because I believe Pit Bulls are held to a higher standard than most other breeds; if a Toy Poodle growls at someone, it's no big deal, but if a Pit Bull growls, it's deemed a vicious killer. Because of this, I've made it my personal mission to surprise people. My goal is for us to complete the AKC's Canine Good Citizen Program and break the stereotype. We'll get there eventually!

My other hobbies and interests include rock climbing, hiking, cycling, graphic design, web development, and photography.
NAnd622
Newborn Bully

Couldn't Forget the Photos!

Postby NAnd622 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:06 pm

NAnd622
Newborn Bully

Re: Greetings from Chicago!

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:36 am

Welcome! You sound awesome! Great pics too, he's a cutie!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby bamawrly » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Welcome fellow Chi-towner and congrats. You sound like you have the right ideas going.
Cute dog and good luck. :peace:
bamawrly
Super Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:19 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions