Why?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby Chris » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:05 pm

Yeah, scratches head, she is beautiful. She would seem to be just the sort of dog almost anyone would love to have.
Chris

Postby Leslie H » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:08 pm

The APBTC of NE sponsored Dee and a fellow Out-Of-The Pits mate, Momma, to participate in the ATTS TT we hosted. She hung out most of the day, and was a perfect sweetheart, friendly, calm and steady. She went through the TT the same way. It is a shame when such sound-temperamented, loving dogs cannot find the home they so deserve.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby valliesong » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:57 pm

i'd love to have a dog like that! only problem is, until my boyfriend and i get our own place, our limit is three - our two and a foster.

edited to add: if you'd like me to crosslist her on our petfinder site (It's a ROTTn PITy), feel free to let me know. just email me at inthepitspage@yahoo.com.
valliesong

Postby Kirstan » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:01 pm

I agree! I thought the same thing the other day about Dee.

The same thing happened with my girl, Cobi (was Promise). She was at AFF in NY with no hits... she was flown out here and had a couple little nibbles that didn't pan out then we met her... that's all it took. Sometimes, there's no sense in rescue.

I'm hoping she'll find someone soon! What a fantastic dog!

k.
Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby mydogroxy » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:15 pm

i absolutely LOVE this dog. i go to the site every week, hoping she's been adopted. if i didn't already have roxy i would adopt dee in a minute.
mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Postby moto1320 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:52 pm

We had a stray poodle picked up from the shop today so the pit rescue that comes to play in the fenced area at night doesn't kill it. it had been hanging around for a couple of days. The lady from animal control picked it up and was stocked to have scored a poodle. They have a waiting list for them and usually aren't in the shelter for over a day. :roll: I was dumbfounded. Poor bullies...froo froo poodles, I just don't understand.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby blover27 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:58 pm

exactly...the shelter i got jack at i would guess it was 3-4 out of 5 where some sort of pit bull mix-breed....people are scared...the media totally controls how the general population perceives almost everything

a fragment of information can make an otherwise intelligent person completely ignorant
blover27

Postby elegy » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:40 am

gosh if i had a boy bully i'd totally look into getting that dog. she sounds like a terrific companion. and gorgeous to boot. it's such a shame she's stuck in rescue.
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby phez718 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:37 am

At least she got into rescue. She could have been PTS a looong time ago had she ended up at a shelter. I do hope she gets a home soon, though.
phez718

Postby ajarvis » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:18 pm

She sounds and looks wonderful! I'd take her if I could :( I want a dog (pit bull or great dane) so so so so bad it's hard to wait!
ajarvis

Postby Maximus » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:44 pm

DEE'S BEEN ADOPTED!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

:peace: :peace: :peace:

:yay: :headbang:

I'm so glad. She is such a sweet wonderful dog. She so deserves a wonderful forever home.

Good luck, Dee!!!!
Maximus

Postby damienApbt » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:53 pm

:thumbsup: :nana:

thats great
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby pocketpit » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:54 pm

:yipee: :yipee: :yipee:

That's soooo awsome! She's a beautiful girl and I'm so happy for her!
pocketpit

Postby X-girl » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:52 pm

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Praise all the powers that be!! I am SOOOO happy this beautiful and well-mannered girl has a home! I hope they are worthy of such a gorgeous dog.
X-girl
Regulator

Postby SuperNova » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:51 pm

YAY!!! :doggie:
SuperNova
Matured Bully

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs