hello

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

hello

Postby briton39 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi everyone.. I live in rural west tn and run a small rescue.. I currently have 10 dogs that belong to my rescue and myself as well as 2 fosters for another rescue and a bottle baby that's 4weeks old.. I am also a nurse by profession and I own a couple of pit bulls as well..
briton39
Newborn Bully

Re: hello

Postby briton39 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:02 am

I was in a hurry yesterday when I posted my introduction and was a lil short and vague for which I apologize.. As I said in my original post I live in rural west Tennessee where I run a small home based rescue that I run completely by myself with my husband and son there for moral support and to help with kennel maintenance and exercising my outdoor dogs.Sadly I do have dogs in outdoor kennels though none are in small 10x10 ones.. each one is in atleast 3 kennels put together to make 1 large one..Its not ideal(Ideal being homes and huge yards of their own) but it beats the alternative.. I currently have 3 pitbulls well 1 full pitbull and 2 mixes here at my house.. The fullblooded one was rescued from a known dog fighter in my area when he was just a 7week old puppy.. The man had him outdoors with no shelter on a 30+lb tow chain, he was skin and bones and a neighbor had witnessed the man who was over 6ft tall and over 200lbs kick the puppy so hard he went flying even while being on that heavy tow chain..I am sorry but there is NEVER a reason to have a 7week old 10lb or under puppy on a 30+lb tow chain.. Well when they went to work the next day the neighbor stole him and brought him to me..I didn't know the entire story til well over a month after I received him..I just saw a pitiful baby with a huge swollen face, no fat anywhere on his body and a non existent bark/cry due to injuries from the weight of the chain.. After having him a month when she told me I didn't care how he got to me at that point.. he was a happy, healthy baby by then and not going anywhere unless it was to an approved forever home.. Needless to say he is still with me..
My second baby is a pit/mountain cur mix. he was tossed out in my yard a sick lil 4month old..Someone had literally chopped off just under half of his tail.. At first I thought maybe it was a botched self docking but it was to long..No it had been done deliberately for fun. He was burning up with fever, infection and was in severe pain..Approx 2-3 inches of pure bone was sticking out the end of the tail.. $400 and 3 days at the vet on iv antibiotics, pain meds and surgery later and he is a big beautiful brindle boy..
My last pit is a 4week old pit mix who I have had here since she was 7days old. her mom turned on her and left her with a huge open wound down to the muscle on her shoulder.. It has since healed with lots of care and she is doing well. Albeit she is a tiny thing.. which I plan to address in the health section when I get posted privileges..

anyways the rest of my large brood range in size from a 4lb Chihuahua mix to a 100lb mastiff mix and everything in between..lol.. I am married and have 2 children.. One is 21 and in college she is studying to be a teacher and my son will be 16 tomorrow.. I also have 2 step children and 2 beautiful granddaughters from the 2 of them both are 3yrs old.Thats basically me in a nutshell.. I have a huge heart for animals and a need to make sure they are safe and cared for..
briton39
Newborn Bully

howdy yet again..

Postby briton39 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi everyone.. I live in rural west tn and run a small rescue.. I currently have 10 dogs that belong to my rescue and myself as well as 2 fosters for another rescue and a bottle baby that's 4weeks old.. I am also a nurse by profession and I own a couple of pit bulls as well..
As I said I live in rural west Tennessee where I run a small home based rescue that I run completely by myself with my husband and son there for moral support and to help with kennel maintenance and exercising my outdoor dogs.Sadly I do have dogs in outdoor kennels though none are in small 10x10 ones.. each one is in atleast 3 kennels put together to make 1 large one..Its not ideal(Ideal being homes and huge yards of their own) but it beats the alternative.. I currently have 3 pitbulls well 1 full pitbull and 2 mixes here at my house.. The fullblooded one was rescued from a known dog fighter in my area when he was just a 7week old puppy.. The man had him outdoors with no shelter on a 30+lb tow chain, he was skin and bones and a neighbor had witnessed the man who was over 6ft tall and over 200lbs kick the puppy so hard he went flying even while being on that heavy tow chain..I am sorry but there is NEVER a reason to have a 7week old 10lb or under puppy on a 30+lb tow chain.. Well when they went to work the next day the neighbor stole him and brought him to me..I didn't know the entire story til well over a month after I received him..I just saw a pitiful baby with a huge swollen face, no fat anywhere on his body and a non existent bark/cry due to injuries from the weight of the chain.. After having him a month when she told me I didn't care how he got to me at that point.. he was a happy, healthy baby by then and not going anywhere unless it was to an approved forever home.. Needless to say he is still with me..
My second baby is a pit/mountain cur mix. he was tossed out in my yard a sick lil 4month old..Someone had literally chopped off just under half of his tail.. At first I thought maybe it was a botched self docking but it was to long..No it had been done deliberately for fun. He was burning up with fever, infection and was in severe pain..Approx 2-3 inches of pure bone was sticking out the end of the tail.. $400 and 3 days at the vet on iv antibiotics, pain meds and surgery later and he is a big beautiful brindle boy..
My last pit is a 4week old pit mix who I have had here since she was 7days old. her mom turned on her and left her with a huge open wound down to the muscle on her shoulder.. It has since healed with lots of care and she is doing well. Albeit she is a tiny thing.. which I plan to address in the health section when I get posted privileges..

anyways the rest of my large brood range in size from a 4lb Chihuahua mix to a 100lb mastiff mix and everything in between..lol.. I am married and have 2 children.. One is 21 and in college she is studying to be a teacher and my son is 16. I also have 2 step children and 2 beautiful granddaughters from the 2 of them both are 3yrs old.Thats basically me in a nutshell.. I have a huge heart for animals and a need to make sure they are safe and cared for..
briton39
Newborn Bully

Re: howdy yet again..

Postby CallSignOWL » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:55 pm

hi tehre!

:hi
CallSignOWL
Adolescent Bully

Postby TahlzSS » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:49 pm

Welcome! You seem to have one large pack. Do you have photos you can share?
TahlzSS
Newborn Bully

Postby briton39 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi all I was just wondering when I would be getting posting priveledges? Its been awhile since I read the rules of the boards and posted my introduction... so I was curious.. did I miss something I needed to do???
briton39
Newborn Bully

Postby GoingPostal » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:47 pm

No it can just take a few days for the mods to make their rounds and approve people. You will be able to post then. Welcome to the forum.
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Re: hello

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:28 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions