Tumors

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Tumors

Postby Delene » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:07 pm

I've found several tumors on Angel's legs. Last year she had this lump on her back, I took her to the vet the vet took a sample and it was cancerous lump. So the vet got rid of the lump. The vet told me that it will not return for 99.9%. I took her to the vet again for the new lumps. The vet didn't even examine her, she just said that there's nothing she can do. Angel has a lump on her lower leg. The vet told me to remove that lump she must emputate her entire leg. Or I can simply euthanize her to save her from pain. I left the vet immediately. I just don't believe that vet anymore.

So I took her to another vet. This vet also told me that it's cancerous. She looked at the blood filled sacs on the inner side of her legs. She said that those if they burst they bleed a lot. A few exploded and she bled like crazy. It was hard to stop the bleeding and the (first) vet didn't treat her because it was holidays. All she did was put Angel on Antibiotics, but antibiotics don't cure cancer! The vet has been giving her all the time antibiotics. I'm really afraid that Angel will soon become immune to it. After a week the vet removed the blood sacs but she didn't remove all of them!

Back to present, she now has those blood filled sacs, a lump on her lower leg, another lump right where the first vet removed the cancerous lump and a few more very small blood filled sacs. The new vet said that she can inject the lumps. She has worked with other dogs with cancer and she got pretty good results, but she can't guarantee that it will work on Angel. She will then need to remove all those blood sacs. Right now she placed Angel on a immune boosting pills twice a day. Angel also gets sick pretty often. Two months ago she had an eye infection. I got eye drops and it helped, but it looks like she once again has another eye infection.

I honestly don't know what to do except but to believe this second vet. I can't sleep well at night because I'm worried and already heart broken. I cry myself to sleep. I just wish that those lumps were abscesses. What broke me down was the lump that's on her back right where the first vet removed the cancerous lump. Most people don't understand the bond I have with Angel, they keep saying that I need to think about this. Because it's pricey, I just got a second job just in case. Sorry for making this so long. All I want is advice, what to do now. Steps to take etc. If anybody has had a positive reaction a certain treatment. Angel is only 7 years old, she has another 7 and more to go with me. Beside of those lumps she looks healthy. Her coat is shiny, she has her appetite she plays everyday like she's still a puppy. But I'm so afraid of those lumps.

The new vet told me that she will be receiving a shipment of the treatment by the end of this month. So by the end of this month I will start her on the treatment. I need to ask the vet again what this treatment is called. It's not chemo, it's this fluid she mixes and then injects the lump. I will send pictures of the lumps and blood sacs asap. Again sorry for making this so long.
Delene
Super Bully

Re: Tumors

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:57 pm

I would ask for a referral to an oncologist. If you are going to treat cancer, you are better off seeing an expert.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Delene » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:12 pm

The problem is that there are no experts here. It's just a small island and there are only a few vets here.
Delene
Super Bully

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:54 am

I'm not familiar with any sort of injection that results in treatment of tumors. Without knowing more I can't tell you if its a good idea or not.

Why can't the lumps be removed surgically?
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues