New Member ^_^

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New Member ^_^

Postby fhamilton » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Hello all :) My name is Fatima and the little one that you see there is names Raven. She lives with her other mother(24) and I(23) in baltimore county located in Maryland. She came into our lives when she was only 3 weeks old (young yes we know but we were misinformed about her age) while we were in missouri. She was a part of an accidental litter and the woman who worked in the hotel we were staying at wanted to get rid of the litter as soon as possible since she had 4 dogs already. We were also told that she was half pitbull possibly an APBT(mother) and half rottweiler(father) but we believe the rottweiler part not to be true because the father looks nothing like a rottweiler lol. Upon meeting we could clearly tell she was obviously not 5 weeks old but seeing as the litter was already being fed soft food because the mother no longer wanted to breastfeed, the littermates were being given away, and they were being kept in a backyard unsanitary at that, mixed with having a serious case of puppy fever and seeing her adorable face while see laid in my hands; taking her away seemed like the better option. So as you can assume the beginning was a little rough since she had no vaccinations, wasn't potty trained, she even came with some fleas and hook worms but I wouldn't trade her for the world.

As far as having experience with dogs I have never had own personal dog but I have always been exposed to them. Having a pitbull wasn't my dream dog since there was always a stigma attached to them but with my own experience of demon shih tzu's and angry poodles; common sense kicked in that it's not the breed but the individual dog. Plus the connection I have with Raven warmed my heart to pitbulls.

how tiny she was when we first got her

this is her at 5 weeks trying to fit in her mother's boots

here she is chewing on a shirt I gave her.

I feel as though seeking advice from other pitbull owners when it comes to things like her EXCESSIVE DESTRUCTIVE chewing lol she goes through her toys so quickly. I look forward being a part of this forum Thanks for reading :beer:
fhamilton
Newborn Bully

Re: New Member ^_^

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Welcome! The pics don't show, but your Avitar does. She is cute! To upload pics you can you Photobucket from your computer or Tapatalk app from your phone. You're in the right place for some help/advice/education. Start with the Training section...read all of the stickies. Being she was separated from the litter way too early, really educate yourself on bite inhibition and start working on that now. Be sure to do the "100 things in 100 days" to help with socialization.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby fhamilton » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Curly_07 wrote:Welcome! The pics don't show, but your Avitar does. She is cute! To upload pics you can you Photobucket from your computer or Tapatalk app from your phone. You're in the right place for some help/advice/education. Start with the Training section...read all of the stickies. Being she was separated from the litter way too early, really educate yourself on bite inhibition and start working on that now. Be sure to do the "100 things in 100 days" to help with socialization.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2

yes she is one cute little thing!! and yes the biting was an issue because she loved to nibble on toes but for a couple weeks now she stopped biting toes and with hands if she accidentally bites them and i scream ouch she sulks away because she knows she's done a bad thing. I just want to make sure she grows up being as well behaved as I can help her to be. Thanks for the reply
fhamilton
Newborn Bully

Postby fhamilton » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Bumping up
fhamilton
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:11 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator