CCL surgery question...snood thing...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

CCL surgery question...snood thing...

Postby Jazzy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:52 pm

It looks like Veronica is finally going to have CCL surgery.

She's scheduled for 11/8 and I'm trying to order/get together everything I'm going to need for her recovery period.

One of my main concerns is her reactivity. Take her outside and there is a good chance she is going to try to take off like a race car; and God forbid she see a dog, or a cat, or a squirrel or a leaf blowing in the wind. I do plan to use the treadmill (which she hates) for the first month...because I just don't trust her not to spaz...

but..I remember seeing somewhere in a CCL thread where the person had this sort of...snood thing...that went over the dog's eyes (for reactive dogs, walking outside post surgery) so basically the dog had something covering the eyes and couldn't see and therefore was at least slightly less likely to spaz.

Does anyone recall what this thing is called and where I can buy one. (I am not handy, like not at all...so I would much prefer to buy it already made if possible). I do think it is an actual thing with a name that can be purchased....

Thanks!!!!
Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Re: CCL surgery question...snood thing...

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Oh no!! Poor Miss V! I have no idea what you're talking about, I just wanted to say hi and wish Miss V happy thoughts :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2 [url='http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10']now Free[/url]
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Jazzy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:41 pm

Oh Thank you so much!

I am stressed to the max as you can imagine and trying to amass everything I will need for a recovery!

I did find out what I was talking about is called a calming cap and they are made by the thundershirt company.
Jazzy

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Oh good! I'd be freaking out too, but I'm also a worry wart lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2 [url='http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10']now Free[/url]
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:45 pm

The calming cap is WONDERFUL!

It saves us on car rides. What's funny, most people who have been around horses 'get it', everyone else think poor Capone is Hannibal Lechter.
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby Jazzy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:52 pm

lol

I'm going to order one to try it...what can it hurt?
Jazzy

Postby Amie » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm actually about to recommend one for a dog in my reactive dog class! Let me know how Miss V likes it! (I miss you!)
Amie
Regulator

Postby Jazzy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Amie wrote:I'm actually about to recommend one for a dog in my reactive dog class! Let me know how Miss V likes it! (I miss you!)

Oh hey, miss you too hon!

I have a feeling I will be around allot more...I have V.'s first week of recuperation off from work, then they are letting me work part time for the next 5 weeks so I can come home in the middle of the day and do her PT/spend some time with her/check on her..

I will no doubt be seeking solace in other like minded pet owners as I struggle to manage my anxiety and maintain my sanity. 8)
Jazzy

Return to Health Issues