Kanobis' Dog Blog - a daily story of a RAW fed dog

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Kanobis' Dog Blog - a daily story of a RAW fed dog

Postby mhocker10 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Hi, My name is Kanobi.. yes, yes, my full name is Obi Wan Kanobi (my previous owner loved Star Wars).

I am an 18 month old Red nose Pit Bull. My owner rescued me from the local Humane League when I was 7 months old.

Me at 7 months old, 1st day in my new home ( I was very excited to go home with my new family):

I was a kibble fed dog until my owner decided to change my diet to a more natural and wholesome Prey Model Raw diet. I am now in my second month of my RAW fed diet. I have tons of energy, my coat is soft and shiny and I have no doggie smell.... I actually smell sweet. I love to play, especially with my Kong... my owner and I like to play rough... here I am with my beloved Kong.....

Come and get it! :

well, it is time for me to go to bed... and cuddle with my owner, I am so sleepy!

I will make sure my 2 legged friend takes lots of pictures and videos to share on my blog, especially when I try to climb the tree outside to eat those pesky squirrels. My master says he will make sure to take lots of feeding pics, I love to eat now... I really like crunching on bone and tearing my food. It stimulates my mind and helps calm down the urge to chew on stuff that doesn't even taste good. Tomorrow I will have new pics and more info on my diet and just how darn easy it is to feed a Prey Model Raw diet.

Good Night to all my 4 legged readers and their fur-ever friends!
mhocker10
Newborn Bully

Re: Kanobis' Dog Blog - a daily story of a RAW fed dog

Postby mhocker10 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Good Morning daddy!

Good Morning to my 4 legged readers. I had a great nights sleep, all cuddled up with my master.(thanks for the bright flash of light daddy, I WAS sleeping)

Time for my morning meal, and boy am I hungry.... my master is getting my meal ready. 10 ounces of Beef Heart with beef liver, kidney and pancreas with 1700mg of fish body oil. Yummy!( Here is a link to the information my master uses to base my feeding off of: My Recommenddations for Begining Raw Feeding: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=158008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Time to eat!

YUMMY!... I love Beef Heart!!!

The reason I get so much fish body oil is becasuse I get the itchys and then I chew on my feet. But my daddy found this product at GNC and it has helped considerably with my condition. We recently found out that fish body oil is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. It also helps with Brain function, and that is good, because I am a very smart dog!

After my meal time, my owner makes me wait to play for 45 minutes to an hour. That way there is no digestion issues from bouncing around and being my playfull self.

I love when my master plays with me! I love MY Kong! I listen very well too....

Here I am.. waiting for the command to start play time.

When I play, I LOVE to have my belly rubbed....

I like nap time. It gives me time to recharge for my next play session - on average, I get 2 nap times per day. noon and 7pm.. I sleep for several hours at each nap time. ( By the way... I am on mommys side of the bed.... I have claimed it as my own, Fur-ever :) )

Dinner Time - tonights meal is a nice chicken 1/4, skin removed and washed. Skin washed aswell. In the bowl are 4 chicken hearts, I add the skin to the bowl and depending on the size of the 1/4 or breast, I may need to put it down on a mat to eat on.(the reason I wash the skin and the chicken is because many processors use BLEACH as their anti-bacterial agent. Always, Always, Always wash chicken.)

Chomp, Chomp, Crunch, Crunch, YUM!

Cleanup after a RAW meal is rather simple. The BEST cleaner is straight Vinegar... it is a cleaner aswell as an anti-bacterial. Wash food bowls after every meal, and rinse it out before a meal.(regular dish soap is fine, be sure it is completely rinsed out, no soap residue) Always wash your hands before and after handling RAW food. And that's it. Really quite simple.

Ooooh... whats in the bags!

RABBITS!!!!1ONE

Tomorrow, I will do a step by step on cleaning a rabbit for meal time. It is extremely easy to do.. if you don't mind handling Beef Liver, you can clean a rabbit.

It's time for my nap, I think I will guard the clean laundry..... I will continue this tomorrow. Till then my furry friends and your 2 legged companions.

mhocker10
Newborn Bully

Postby mhocker10 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:33 am

technical issues with photoshak. deleted 1 pic and my entire gallery decided to go with it. I am trying to recover my lost gallery. please stand by.
mhocker10
Newborn Bully

Postby mhocker10 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:14 pm

unfortunetly I believe all of my pics are gone for good. I will work on getting what I can back together. I will be restarting this blog as a new post to repair the damage done. mods, give me a week to get everything here moved over.. I'll let you know when you can delete
mhocker10
Newborn Bully

Postby mhocker10 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:48 pm

for those of you that were interested in the rabbit dressing.. I will still be putting that tutorial together tomorrow and hopefully have the blog back up in a few days. To those of you that have been following the thread, I apologize for the inconvenience. I will also be doing tutorials on cutting up a whole chicken, Beef Heart carving, and organ portioning and finding easy to source organs, as well as feeding BFFLO or big food fed less often, which is a feeding alternative to multi-daily meals.(some dogs respond better to BFFLO than multi-daily meals.. "know thy dog" <--- I'll get into this also.

This issue gives me the chance now to pull all of Kanobis mobile pics off my wifes phone, and there are a lot.

again, sorry for the technical issues but I hope to be back up and running in just a few days... stay tuned.

I did do a Fridge Dried meats tutorial today... those pics as soon as Im back up.

thanks

Matt.
mhocker10

PS. are there anythings that you guys would like to see or learn about when it comes to PMR/RAW feeding... post them here now and I'll write everything down and address each question in my daily posts.
mhocker10
Newborn Bully

Postby mhocker10 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:00 pm

I have now completed the rabbit dress and clean tutorial as well as the Fridge Dried Treats... I need to re-up on a few pics and the blog will begin anew.. I may have it up today.. if not, it will be available tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.
mhocker10
Newborn Bully

Postby mhocker10 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:22 pm

MODS, PLEASE DELETE.... PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD SO THAT IT CAN FALL DOWN THE LIST... THE NEW BLOG IS UP AND RUNNING

Thank you
Matt.
mhocker10
Newborn Bully

Return to Health Issues