Nothing you haven't heard before...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Nothing you haven't heard before...

Postby Guy4God » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:26 pm

I have a 7 month old that weighs 42 pounds. I currently feed her Simply Nourish puppy food (Chicken & Brown Rice) at a rate of 5 cups per day. I also throw in about a 4oz. Tilapia fillet (Farm raised) (Product of China) in the afternoon in between breakfast and dinner. Should I take the fish out and add something else raw? I still want to feed kibble, but want her to have something raw as well. My puppy food is $43 for 30 pounds. If this is not good, What would be a comparable price one? Thank you all so much. This is my first dog in 6 years....I'm a little out of the loop.
Guy4God
Newborn Bully

Re: Nothing you haven't heard before...

Postby Cat24 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:11 am

I use Simply Nourish (chicken and rice large breed) for my two rottie mixes. It's not a bad dry food and if your pup is doing well on it, then that's awesome.

As far as the raw you can introduce lots of meats, including organ meat as time passes. I would suggest introducing one at a time to avoid shocking her system. I would suggest trying to add different meats, because variety can be fun for dogs. I'm not super familiar with raw but check some of the threads here and do some googling to see how you feel about different meats.
Cat24
Adolescent Bully

Postby Guy4God » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:15 am

Thank you.
Guy4God
Newborn Bully

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:41 am

If its less than 10% of her calories (and with 5 cups of food it likely is) You can give her just about anything to introduce her to the variety without worrying about balance, just have fun!

I give my pups just about avert thing while Im cooking - eggs, meats, veggies, pasta... Mix it up
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Guy4God » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:36 pm

Thank you
Guy4God
Newborn Bully

Return to Health Issues