I NEED OF MAJOR HELP

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

I NEED OF MAJOR HELP

Postby fhamilton » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:30 pm

I need some assitance with finding a place for my dog. Our leasing center has a no dog policy and somehow they found out about my little girl and now i have to give her up....I'm loosing my mind because that was my number one fear and i know how bad animal shelters can be and i dont want to put her through that she's only 4 months old!!!!! Im at a lost of what to do....i live in baltimore county md btw so if any one knows of some realllyyyy good shelters where she has a high chance of getting adopted can anyone list them here
fhamilton
Newborn Bully

Re: I NEED OF MAJOR HELP

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:37 am

Read the forum rules. Personal surrenders are not allowed here. Why did you get a dog where they aren't allowed? You are an irresponsible owner. If this were me or anyone else on this forum, we'd be looking for a new place to move ASAP! Our dogs are family, and not disposable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby fhamilton » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:38 pm

How can you judge me without knowing the background. Its a personal surrender against my will i dont want to give her up she's like a daughter to me and would do everything i can for her and i am moving but i cant get into the new place until the 15th which is the solution we came up with but we still have nowhere to put her until then. The place where i live said it was pet friendly and the women upstairs had dogs so i was under the impression they allowed dogs until someone told on her.....so there you go maybe im at fault for not fully researching the lease terms of my complex but don't make it seem like im an airhead that just got a dog and wants to give it up
fhamilton
Newborn Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:17 am

Board the puppy, or pay for someone to petsit her till you move. :)
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby fhamilton » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:40 am

Thank you for your suggestion and i appreciate it....do you know of any good ones in baltimore or surrounding areas
fhamilton
Newborn Bully

Postby Shelter_dogs » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:42 am

fhamilton wrote:Thank you for your suggestion and i appreciate it....do you know of any good ones in baltimore or surrounding areas

Veterinarians often do boarding. You can also ask friends or family to pet sit temporarily.

If they said they are pet friendly and would allow your dog, then you have a verbal contract. I'd talk to lawyer and potentially take their asses to court. I work for a rescue and a landlord tried to pull that exact thing but our staff had spoken with him. The owners of the dogs won and were able to keep all of their dogs. Be sure to make it a point to get any future pet policies IN WRITING.

If you are a member of the military: http://guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shelter_dogs
Newborn Bully

Postby fhamilton » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:47 pm

Dogs arent allowed but ive always seen them around the complex.....we tried friends and family but there just might be some hope thanks alot for helping
fhamilton
Newborn Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs