Hello from Manila :)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
retic
Newborn Bully

Hello from Manila :)

Postby retic » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:43 am

Hi all

I am a software producer from Manila. Our family has kept a boxer and german shepherds in the past, as well as a plethora of good old mongrels (called, "askals" or "aspins" here). I currently keep a dwarf reticulated python and a ball python. Our last dog (dacshund/shih tzu mix) passed away a month ago.

I've had a VERY pleasant experience with my friend's pit bull and I was toying with the idea of getting one of my own next year all because he has the playability of our old boxer in a compact package (I've read that they average between 40 - 60 lbs).

I might get the puppy bet. 1 - 2nd quarter assuming as I "finish" my research and "pit bull proof" our house. Being a seasoned python owner, I know the value of proper research and asking questions from seasoned keepers. :)

Anyhows, these are my plans in preparation for our first pit bull puppy (apart from breeder screening):

- prepare schedule; I understand that they have the energy levels that rival boxers and dobermans; I'm thinking of 2x/day during weekdays (upon waking up and before I sleep), half a day during saturdays (mornings or late noon preferably). Do I have to worry about my pit bull during the afternoon while I'm away at work? Or will I be expecting a wrecked house each time I get home?

- in the event we have to migrate to a country with strict breed legislative laws (ie: some parts of the US or Australia), is it possible to declare my pooch as a mongrel with "untraceable lineage"? Of course this means I will end up owning a pit bull that doesn't have the signature/stereotyped "barrel chest" and with un cropped ears and undocked tail (I've read that unless I get a bona fide Am. Pit Bull Terrier, Pit Bulls are usually "mongrels" themselves). Never mind if he's "disqualified" from show rings as I'm more after their demeanor and looks rather than having them in show rings. :)

Thanks in advance! :)

AllisonPitbullLvr

Re: Hello from Manila :)

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:31 am

Welcome!

Those are some really excellent questions! Thank you for being so responsible and doing such thorough research before running out to purchase a pup. I'm going to approve you so that you can post your questions to the general board.

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”