dogs been dripping blood through penis all month.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

dogs been dripping blood through penis all month.

Postby Jester27 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:20 am

but for the past few days it magically went away. :yipee:

I been to 2 vets. $600 in bills doing bloodwork,urine tests, prostate exams,xrays etc. and i was going to put my dog down because they say they are 95% sure its a prolapsed uretha... and the surgery is $1900 but now the bleeding went away. :run:

glad i waited. fizzle all money hungry vets, sometimes u just have to go with your gut. :bowdown: glad i didnt listen to retards on another board telling me to put my dog down because its torture lmfao. yea look who stopped bleeding now? :fire:
Jester27
Super Bully

Re: dogs been dripping blood through penis all month.

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:06 am

Just because a symptom has disappeared, doesn't mean the underlying problem has gone.

Funny thing about dogs is that they can't talk and they aren't see-through. Therefore vets need to do diagnostic testing in order to figure out what is going on.

Why did you go to two different vets rather than allowing the first one to carry on with their work up?

Veterinarians are professionals, and they deserve to get paid for what they do. Would you expect anyone else to work for free? They went through 7 years of school to make a career, to make decent money. They're entitled to do so. They aren't required to operate as a charity.

Sheesh.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Jester27 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:21 am

because the original vet did a bunch of tests and didnt even look at my dogs penis.... didnt like it. just ran expensive tests wthout even looking at the penis!!

and the second vet ran expensive tests to and then finally looked at the penis and then said "oh now this looks like a prolapsed uretha. we are 95% sure"

how are you going to be 95% sure?!!!!! and if you just had to look it to diagnose this , how much the first vet didnt look at my dogs penis? and how come the second vet didnt look at dogs penis to the end... to tell me this

then they say surgery for this is 1900$

and no all the vets are money hungry roaches. they had the nerve to have my dog bleed in the wiating room while i got my brother to run to the vet togive them a deposit before any treatment was done... they couldnt let me pay after the trteatment was performed.. ROACHES!

then people on the other board said to put my dog down to stop his suffering yet hes not even suffering hes his same happy self just bleeding all over. and then i wait some more time hoping the bleeding would stop and guess what it stopped!!!! and my dog is fine and alive and happy!

:yipee:
Jester27
Super Bully

Postby TrainTrax » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:33 am

I'm going to make an assumption that you have a pit bull or pit bull mix. They have an incredible tolerance for pain. So your dog might be in pain and is just not outwardly showing it. My female pit bull nearly had her ear ripped in half by a Lab when she was a puppy. At six months old, she yelped once and went about her day. I had to hold her down and inspect her ear to see how bad it was.

You really need to take the dog back to the vet and have him checked out. I understand that $1900 is a bit chunk of money and I would have a hard time coming up with that on the fly but sometimes you need to do what you need to do.
TrainTrax
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Jester27 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:24 pm

i dont have that money. i wont be ablle to afford that. i made $5,000 last year lol. i am a college student. and i have my own rent,car insurance,car payments, phone bill, etc. to pay. while going to school fulltime. the only option would be to put my dog down because i cant afford the surgery. but yes it is a pitbull.
Jester27
Super Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:11 pm

I never really understand the people in your shoes. It seems that you believe you're entitled to own a dog. But I believe that if you choose to add a living creature to your household it is your responsibility to properly care for it. How can what you're currently providing for your dog be considered proper care? If you can't do that-then you shouldn't have it. Personally, if I absolutely had to, I'd skip a couple bill payments so that my dog was vetted properly. I would put myself in debt to ensure the health of an animal under my care, futhermore, if I didn't I'd feel it was borderline animal cruelty. Your dog can't help himself. As others have said, PB and lots of other dogs have incredible pain tolerances...just because your dog doesn't appear to be in pain doesn't mean he's not.

I truly hope something miraculous has happened and the dog doesn't continue to have medical issues.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:32 pm

http://www.carecredit.com/
^Good for vet bills.
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Try and find a vet you gel with. Form a relationship with his/her practice. That way, if you end up having a medical energency, they'll be more willing to work with you.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:57 pm

AllisonPitbullLvr wrote:Try and find a vet you gel with. Form a relationship with his/her practice. That way, if you end up having a medical energency, they'll be more willing to work with you.

:goodpost:
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:49 am

The penis is the least likely part of the dog to bleed. Vet #1 looked at the most likely places for bleeding, the bladder and prostate. Vet #2 got to start where vet #1 left off and was able to check other less common causes.

Medicine is a process of elimination, not a crystal ball.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Bambina23 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Atleast the OP took his pet to not only one vet for medical attention but a second one for a second opinion and presumably in hopes he may have had a better chance of a relationship with them. The way I see it he did his best. The financial challenges of owning a pet can be a gamble at best when situations arise. I do not think its fair to subjectively look at another person's situation and judge whether they are fit to be a pet owner. If he needs to make a choice between finances and his pet's life we are better to support him in a time of heartache than to cut him down.

AllisonPitbullLvr wrote:
Try and find a vet you gel with. Form a relationship with his/her practice. That way, if you end up having a medical energency, they'll be more willing to work with you.
^^ Exactly! Finding a vet that may offer a payment plan for you
and as Celeste said Care credit can be used toward vet bills as well.

Best of luck.
Bambina23
Newborn Bully

Return to Health Issues