New Member from NC

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New Member from NC

Postby PaganPersephone » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:08 pm

I've been a pittie owner since 2005. I currently have 2 pit bulls named Mindy Lou (spayed female 7 1/2 years) and Trevor (neutered male approx. 2 1/2 yrs). I also have Nora, a 3 year old Irish Wolfhound. All 3 dogs were rescues. We also have 3 cats (Nyes, Delilah, and Dapple), who I either found or adopted through the animal hospital I worked at.

I used to work for my county's animal control and fostered many pit bulls over the years until they found their forever homes. It was a rewarding experience, but that job almost mentally broke me, and I had no idea how bad the overpopulation problem was until I worked there and it was my job to euthanize...absolutely heartbreaking. I'd come home in tears, and my dogs would come wiggling and waggling and I'd wrap my arms around them thankful that I'd rescued them from that place. That job changed me forever, and it made me lose a lot of faith in mankind and I have a hard time talking to someone breeding their dog "just because" without getting upset. If people only knew how many beautiful, brand new lives get extinguished because people won't spay/neuter their animals and breed responsibly. Sorry...didn't mean to get on a rant, but it's one of those things that I just have no filter on.

I am married to a wonderful man, and we will be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary this June. I also have 3 kiddos here at home: almost 14yr old step-son, almost 8 year old daughter, and a 19-month old son who is my constant terrorizer of anything I clean! I'm a stay-at-home mom, and I homeschool my step-son and daughter. My family and I are all huge pittie fans and will probably always have a prior pound pittie in the home.

I haven't been a part of a forum for a very long time, but there is a chance we will be moving to Missouri this fall for my husband's job, and while I'm current as far as BSL for my state (NC), I'm unfamiliar with MO. So, my main reason for being here is to get any and all information I can on that. I've looked at the list of places with BSL, and I have to admit, it's pretty scary. We are looking to live around the Rolla area or somewhere near Ft. Leonard Wood, and while I don't see anything on the books for Rolla having BSL, I did see it had been discussed and I can't seem to find if they ever passed it or if there are restrictions. If I can't find a place, I'll make due and stay my happy butt here! I can't leave my babies behind...especially Mindy Lou...she's been with me through thick and thin.

Thanks for having me!
Jen
PaganPersephone
Newborn Bully

Re: New Member from NC

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:17 pm

Welcome! So glad to have you join us!

:modwelcomeonly1:
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Return to Introductions