Bulbus Glandis or...?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Bulbus Glandis or...?

Postby taurustendency » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:59 am

hey guys, last night i got home and found two lumps on lego. i've had other males before, so i didnt totally freak, just assumed it was his glands swelling. but upon further inspection, i have to say that it really doesnt look like the bulbus glands to me. one looks similar to the gland, and the the other is really red and fleshy, almost like a cyst. both of them are not situated at the base either, they are about midway. also, the one that looks like a cyst is actually kinda distant from the penis, doesnt seem to be a part of it. pardon the pics, i know they are not the greatest in the world.

i want to take him to the vet, but at the same time, i dont want to cause a fuss and be laughed out of the office if it is just his glands. is it common to have so much variation in appearance and location? or am i right to think that this is something different?

taurustendency
Newborn Bully

Re: Bulbus Glandis or...?

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:03 pm

Hard to tell because the picture is white out but I can tell you as a vet receptionist, we would never laugh at a concerned owner. Better to be safe than neglectful!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby taurustendency » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:52 pm

No offense intended. I didn't mean it like that. I know no one would literally laugh at my concern (not to my face anyways, maybe to themselves)... i just didn't want to freak out over nothing and waste everyone time. His appointment went fine. Vet said it just looked like irritation from bites. Those tiny little black specs, he scraped off, but couldn't tell if they were scabs or dead and shriveled seed ticks. Together, we couldn't figure it out...because Lego as well as my other pets are all on flea/tick prevention. not to mention with the weather we've been having, it seems unlikely to be ticks. But he said it just looks like the swollen lumps that happen after getting bitten by something. Said to just keep and eye on them and bring him back if they don't go away in a day or two.
taurustendency
Newborn Bully

Postby taurustendency » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Whatever those tiny black specs are, he had a bunch of them when we adopted him. I just thought he was dirty. As soon as we got him home, we bathed him, and hadn't see any since. It's been roughly three weeks. We found those specs and lumps when we got back from a super bowl party. So whatever happened, happened in the few hours we were gone, because he didn't have them when we left. He's constantly get belly rubs, there would be no way to miss it. From looking at the house when we got back, it looks like he slept the whole time. So who knows?! But I never intended on being neglectful, when I typed this post, I think I just wanted reassurance, that it wasn't just his glands.
taurustendency
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:06 pm

Oh, no offensive taken and I didn't mean to imply I thought you were being neglectful. I just wanted to reassure you that it's always right to take your pet in if you're concerned.

As for the black dots, my old lady used to get those quite often too. They weren't harmful so I always just left them alone but they seemed to pop up more frequently when her thyroid was not under control. I suspect they are like a skin tag type thing? Not sure.

Glad your pup is okay!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby taurustendency » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:34 pm

They almost look to me like tiny specs of dried blood. Like I said, when I adopted him, I bathed him right away and they instantly disappeared. I have no idea really. Next time I see one, I will wet it and see if it smears reddish brown. He's fine now though. Whatever those lumps were are gone. He's going to get neutered on the 19th...yay!
taurustendency
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:48 pm

taurustendency wrote:They almost look to me like tiny specs of dried blood. Like I said, when I adopted him, I bathed him right away and they instantly disappeared. I have no idea really. Next time I see one, I will wet it and see if it smears reddish brown. He's fine now though. Whatever those lumps were are gone. He's going to get neutered on the 19th...yay!

Whoo hoo! :nana:
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Return to Health Issues