Hello from Texas

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Texas

Postby kbosanko » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:40 pm

Hey guys,

My name is Kyle and I am mostly searching for advise and resources. I am currently in flight training in Corpus Christi Texas and am thinking of getting a Pit Bull. I have never owned a Pit Bull personally, but growing up, my neighbor had one and I always knew this was the breed of dog I wanted.
I have no idea where to begin to search to find the right dog or if I am even in the right stage of my life to get one. I am thinking about getting one soon (approx. 1-2 months) because I am in a weird stage if my training in which I will have some time off. I will be able to devote a lot of time to my dog in the coming months so this is why I think this is a good time to get one. After this time off I will go back to my regular schedule. I will be away for 6-8 hours per day. I don't know if that is going to work for the dog. I would love any advice anyone could offer. So far I've already learned a lot and I've only been skimming for an hour. I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say! Thanks!
kbosanko
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Texas

Postby Sydnops » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:16 am

Hi!

I'm pretty new on this forum myself and the people here know exactly what they're talking about. They give out tons of advice and tips on pretty much everything. 6-8 hours sounds like a pretty typical day for any human being to be away from home. My own mother owned a pit/boxer and wasn't home for at least 10 hours a day and the pup was the best dog you could ever ask for, so I don't think that you would have a problem unless you went home and decided not to pay any attention to him. Training is key and taking him out for walks work wonders. I walk them a lot (or even play in the back yard for a while) to try and tucker them out when I plan on doing a training session with my dogs so they aren't so excited their jumping all over you. Seems to make their brain work a little better for whatever reason. Anyways, just thought I'd see some fellow newbies and introduce myself. :headbang:
Sydnops
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Texas

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi Kyle,
Welcome to the forum. Your questions will likely get better traffic in the general (or miscellaneous) section (which ever you think is more fitting). Not a lot of people come and check out the intro section.

:modwelcomeonly3:
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Return to Introductions