Hello from Colorado

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Colorado

Postby sleek55044 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:06 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Joseph, I am a 27 year old from southern Colorado. I have had the pleasure of having my pitty for 7 months now. Like most people I was unsure about the pitbull breed from all the negative press. I was introduced to the breed by doing a favor for a friend. I was in the Military at the time and had a buddy of mine approach me to watch his dogs as he was going through a divorce and deployment. At that time I had a great dane/black lab mix and was unsure how they would all get along.

I had my buddies dogs for about a year and fell in love with them! I was drawn to their sweet nature and playfulness, completely not at all the preconceived idea I had about them. They were great with my own pup and I really grew attached to my wolfpack over the year. Sadly our time together had to end. My buddy got home from deployment only to get orders a month later transferring him to a new post. I had an empty feeling without them in my life anymore!

Fast forward a couple years later and I am now out of the Military and in a more normal stable way of life. I decided this past summer to get my own pitty!

I have a 6mo old blue nose male named "chunk" He is always happy and ready to give love! He is the best dog I have ever had! He is amazing with my kids and other animals.

Please feel free to ask me any questions or chat if you would like to get to know me more! I look forward to being apart of this forum!

Joe
sleek55044
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Colorado

Postby jamielvsaustin » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:03 am

Hi Joe! :welcome: to the forum! While it's awesome that your buddy's dogs and your dog got along, and now your new pup might get along with other dogs-it may not always be that way. If your dog does in fact decide he doesn't like other dogs (or animals) there is nothing wrong with him. Any animal can not like another, but typically the dogs that fall under the Pit Bull umbrella lean more towards aggression/reactivity. Here's some info on that: http://www.pbrc.net/breedinfo4.html
and http://www.badrap.org/what-expect

:modwelcomeonly3:
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Return to Introductions