Poor little brown dog

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Poor little brown dog

Postby BabyReba » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:58 pm

We had a weird thing with Button recently: Rob got home from work and he was OK for a bit, then started acting weird, then started screeching whenever he touched his right elbow to the ground. I brought him to the vet and they did an ortho exam and found (oddly) that he wasn't presenting any signs of sensitivity in his extremities or joints. But they thought he was tense and sensitive in his neck/upper back.

So far, we are resting him and medicating him with muscle relaxers (methocarbomal?) and Metacam. He is also getting some cold laser treatment. If no improvement in 2 weeks, we will do X-ray of his whole front end to look for issues.

In the meantime, we have a lot of sleepy Button, who loves laying around in the sun:

Anyone have experience dealing with neck/back issues in dogs? We are hoping that's all this is. Since starting meds, no symptoms. Just a lot of rest, which is what the doc ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BabyReba
Regulator

Re: Poor little brown dog

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:14 am

I know of FB I mentioned Lyme Disease...but I must have missed the part about his elbow. For Bailey she had pretty bad back pain, couldn't get comfortable to lay down, was whine...and then she started to arch her back. That doesn't sound like Button at all. Fingers crossed it's something easy and small! Maybe he pulled something or bruised his elbow pretty good.

On the medication does he seem better? Or is it hard to tell because he's lazy/sleepy?
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Nickdawg » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:44 pm

oh no! feel better soon sweet Button :inlove:
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby turtle » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:18 pm

Poor Button. He looks like he is enjoying the warm sun so it must not be too bad.

Maybe acupuncture would help?
turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby BabyReba » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:34 pm

meds are definitely making him comfy. thank goodness. he is a little sleepy/zonked when he first takes them but really really wants to play after he takes a nap. so now the hard part is keeping him quiet. he is a little bit stir crazy.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:58 pm

Poor guy :(

When Obi has a flare up of cauda equina, it presents like hind leg pain. So it certainly could be neck pain?
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby BabyReba » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:59 pm

vet recheck went great, and it turns out button loves laser therapy. little weird dog.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Nickdawg » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:41 pm

how is Button?
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues