ear hematoma...YAY!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: ear hematoma...YAY!!

Postby chinchi_&_chupa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:56 am

He's much much better! The bruising is almost gone, but he freakin' hates the sock on his head! I have been having to keep him doped up because he keeps trying to get frisky! He is also LOVING that I have to make sure he eats with the Doxycycline! He's totally taking advantage and eating only wet food with his cute little sick baby face! We go back Wednesday to have the drain checked, but now it's mostly wait for the round of antibiotics to finish and then we'll retest his blood to see if they helped or if we need to run tests for disease.
chinchi_&_chupa
Matured Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:04 pm

I'm so happy to hear this :run: I can only imagine how scared you must have been to see that bruising.

Be sure to keep us up to date-and feed that baby!! You can work the weight of later, if it comes to it :)
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby chinchi_&_chupa » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:40 pm

First of 3 weekly checkups for his ear drain...DONE!

She said it looks good and that it didn't have any fluid which is good, and she checked his belly for bruising. There was a little bruise by his weenie, but she said just to watch it to make sure it doesn't get any bigger and that it was probably left over from the original bruising.

Blood test scheduled for May 14!
chinchi_&_chupa
Matured Bully

Postby chinchi_&_chupa » Thu May 08, 2014 9:56 am

Second ear drain check yesterday...There was new redness around his neuter incision Monday and both our vet and I were a little worried, but it turns out it is just irritation from the stitches which is normal!

She checked his ear, asked the other vet to see what she thought, and decided to take the drain out early since it looked so good! :headbang: She is leaning toward a blood infection of some sort. Since the ear looked so good and he isn't getting new bruising she thinks the Doxycycline is probably working. We did need to leave the neuter incision stitches in because there was a little spot that wasn't closed completely so those will come out next week and a new CBC blood test to see where we're at!

On a side note...Thor amazes me everyday! He will be 8 June 13th. Up until recently, I'd say within the past 2 years, he didn't trust or like any person but my husband or myself. I was always extremely careful with him and wouldn't let anyone touch him in any way - even our vet would basically just shoot his shots in his butt and I'd have to show his teeth and ears for his annuals. But yesterday was HUGE!!! He has been great with my vet/friend for easily those 2 years, but yesterday he let her take all 4 sutures and the drain out of his ear with just me holding his head and giving him treats! He just laid there like it was never and issue. He's even been kissing her and getting petted! I had him doing touches and shakes for treats from all the girls and even a client :) Where there is a will, there is a way. So proud of my bad baby!!!
chinchi_&_chupa
Matured Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sat May 10, 2014 7:13 pm

Woot!!!
:yipee: :yipee: :yipee:
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby chinchi_&_chupa » Fri May 16, 2014 11:19 am

My bad baby is a champ!! He got his neuter stitches out and blood taken just like he's the best dog on the planet!! :yipee:

Even better, his CBC came back good!!! We are going to retest in 3 months just to make sure it stays this way!

chinchi_&_chupa
Matured Bully

Postby sunnygirl01 » Fri May 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Yay!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
sunnygirl01
Newborn Bully

Postby turtle » Wed May 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Poor Thor! Glad he is doing better!
turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby chinchi_&_chupa » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:58 pm

3 month CBC retest came back NORMAL!!! :) It had to be some kind of blood infection.

He is so awesome and absolutely back to his normal smart mouth self! We even sat in the waiting room for 15 minutes with an old lady with a cat in a carrier, another lady holding a Pomeranian, a couple with a big Conure, and Angel the office kitty! He got pets and treats from everyone...even the lab guy who was there to take his blood sample! <3
chinchi_&_chupa
Matured Bully

Previous

Return to Health Issues