New APBT Owner

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New APBT Owner

Postby katrinalynne05 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:33 pm

Hello Everyone!

My name is Katrina and I am 27 years old. I live in Alabama.

I recently rescued a two year old APBT named Marena. She hasn't been with us for two weeks yet. I did a ton of research before we brought her home, because she is the first Pit I have owned.

My brother has had two Pit Bulls since 2005. I have to admit that I was a little intimidated the first time I walked into his house. I had heard so many bad things about Pit Bulls up until this point, but had never got to experience one for myself. We had dogs growing up, but not Pit Bulls. I spent a few days with my brother and his Pits, and absolutely fell in love. I never thought they could be so loving and compassionate, and obedient at the same time. I knew I had to have one when I was ready to add a dog to our family.

I found Marena on petfinder, at a rescue. I looked at hundreds of dogs, but there was something about her picture that I kept on coming back to. I did this for a week, as hundreds of dogs turned into probably thousands, she was always in the back of my mind. I decided I had to meet her. I wasn't ready to bring her home yet. The plan was that myself and my boyfriend would go meet her, then schedule another visit for my son to meet her before we brought her home. I walked into the rescue and sat down while I waited for the lady to go get her for us. Marena came out, tail wagging with a huge 'smile' on her face. I called her to me. She sat down in front of me for just a few minutes before she crawled into my lap and laid down. I had her get down and she immediately gave me her mid-line. I knew she was the one. She had picked me. I filled out the remaining paperwork and she went home with us that day. It was the best decision ever. She has brought such love and light into our home, and she doesn't mind my cat one bit.

My boyfriend and I live together, with my six (almost seven) year old son, and our cat of almost two years, (also a rescue) Jack. We are very active. We love to be outside and my boyfriend and I love to work out together. We are both ecstatic to have Marena to join us in our outdoor activities.

katrinalynne05
Newborn Bully

Re: New APBT Owner

Postby haranka » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:04 pm

Welcome Katrina
haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby adorabull26 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi Katrina-
I am new to the group (see my intro) and new APBT mom myself. Congrats on your adoption! How is your pup doing with your son?
adorabull26
Newborn Bully

Postby Nickdawg » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:56 pm

welcome!

check out this link for great resources

http://www.badrap.org/training-resources
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Return to Introductions