*waves* I'm new!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

*waves* I'm new!

Postby K9Siren » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:52 am

Hello everyone,
Brand new to this forum. I'm Candace and, I live in South Florida. I'm a part-time model and, I also do volunteer work with local dog rescues. I foster for Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida and, I also am about to start college (again) to get a degree in Early Childhood Education.

I have a puppy who is 13 weeks old named Sebastian. I adopted him from a local shelter that euthanizes while I was on a check for some dogs who may need rescued. This little guy stood out at me. When I met him, he was sooo timid and scared but, allowed me to comfort him. Then, I walked past his kennel and he was jumping up and giving me a little playful bark. He told me to take him home! So, I listened.

Sebastian is American Pit Bull Terrier, Akita and Hound. We do know he is mostly Pit Bull but, one parent was Akita/Hound mix (we think American Foxhound).

I will admit, I was one of the people who thought all Pit Bulls were "mean". Since I was a child, my parents told me our nieghbors dogs were mean and would bite because they were Pit Bulls.That stayed with me for a long time. It wasn't until working with rescue and meeting other Pit Bull owners did I realize that these poor dogs had a terrible reputation. So now, I love them!

For your viewing pleasure..a picture or two of Sebastian. The first one is my last foster dog, Lucy who is now in a home 8) . The second is my little guy.

Image[/img]
K9Siren

Postby Julius » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:00 am

Hello Candace,

Sorry but on your picture I can´t recognize that Sebastian is a Pitti!
He looks more like a Labrador.
But a very lovely dog!!! :inlove:

See you Jessy and Julius
Julius

Postby K9Siren » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:03 am

The big dog, Lucy is a purebred Yellow Labrador Retriever. She was beautiful. I sure miss her - she was my first foster and Sebastian loved her!! The puppy is Sebastian. I honestly see a *lot* more Akita but, that picture was taken almost four weeks ago. As he's growing I see some small Pit Bull characteristics coming out - it's hard to tell which breed he will favor since he's only 13 weeks.
K9Siren

Postby Julius » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:20 am

I know that!!! :))
But he is a very sweet boy :inlove:
Julius

Postby tjbsandy » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:00 am

Whatever he is, he is precious!!!

Welcome to the board!! :thumbsup:
tjbsandy

Postby Boo439 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:23 am

Welcome to the board from a fellow Floridian!!! :))
Boo439

Postby cleokarrot » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:26 am

Welcome! :))
cleokarrot

Postby just a foster » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:22 pm

Welcome!!

I am with LRRoF too, in Tampa area. Have you hooked up with EBBRR yet in West Palm?? Melody is the director of Florida, and she pulls from Miami Dade all the time and is always in need of fosters. They put down pits as soon as they come in the doors. If it is an owner confiscation though, they usually give Melody a call and give her a chance to come and get it out of the County.

Good luck on your new addition.
just a foster

Postby K9Siren » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:26 pm

just a foster, I don't live in Dade County, I live in Broward where Pit Bulls are still legal in some cities here. I don't know anything about EBRR but, if they need help, I'm not far from Dade. Can you give me their information? I would certainly do anything I can. I could "technically" foster but, I just couldn't take the dog near the leasing office :)) (then again, my prop manager has a dog that is illegal in the County so..she likes to look the other way)
K9Siren

Postby just a foster » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:32 pm

I knew you weren't in Dade, neither is Melody. She drives down from West Palm Beach to pull them out of there. Here is their site, if you like what you see, there are apps online I think:

http://www.ebbrr.com/
just a foster

Postby billybull » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:34 pm

:thumbsup: cute baby
billybull

Postby Pitt-terra » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:40 pm

:welcome:
Pitt-terra

Postby K9Siren » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:47 pm

Thanks for the info Just a foster, I'll give Melody a shout here in a few minutes and see what I can do to give them a hand.
K9Siren

Postby Boo439 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:50 pm

Bey, BTW, I love your avatar. I loved The Hunchback. Esmeralda is cool :thumbsup: I am a HUGE Disney nut. :))
Boo439

Postby Boo439 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:50 pm

Oops, I meant "Hey." :oops:
Boo439

Next

Return to Introductions