Looking for my little girl

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby tjbsandy » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:43 am

You said it yourself, you can't replace that dog. You are not going to find another exact replica of her. She is happy to have introduced you to bullies, and she will be happy that you are loving and caring for another bully. Maybe you should relax your criteria a bit and just find a dog to love and care for. There are soooooo many that need help right now.
tjbsandy

Postby JustALovePuppy » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:49 am

WOha! yea can't dig her up she's gone. There are plenty of other dogs out there who are going to love you and bring you happiness. My boyfriend didn't want my fawn (i think she is) because of her white and brown combo. but once he met her she stole his heart. So lower your standards a bit its not a date line its a rescue. We don't pick and choose the colours of dogs to suit your needs.
JustALovePuppy

difference

Postby roheryn » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:52 am

It is frustrating when I try to make something clear, yet it is still perceived as something it is not. I can't communicate my heart in words. I can only make the attempt to share a little. But try as we might, we can never understand someone else's heart completely, even when we are close to that person. It is definately much harder when we do not know that person and are trying to communicate feelings and reasons for those feelings.

I did say that I was not trying to replace her. Please take it like I said it.

My stipulations on what puppy I am looking for colorwise can be seen as restrictive, depending on how limited you preceive that to be. Since I have met many pits fitting the color description I am looking for, I know that I will have tens, if not hundreds to choose from in the next month or so. But just as having a color choice seems restrictive to some, having a breed choice seems restrictive to others. I've had people tell me (who had nothing against pit bulls) that I shouldn't limit my choice to one breed in case another came along.

So when I made the decision to look for a puppy and what type of puppy, I made that decision in my heart. I wanted to honor my little girl. And my decision once I made it felt right. I didn't come to this decision lightly or quickly. And I don't expect anyone else to understand why I made the decision I did. All I can say is that it feels right, and that is hugely important to me after everything I went through.

Thank you for your concerns and advice. Keep the comments and advice coming. I am not the best at explaining what I am trying to say all the time. But I'll keep trying. So thanks for being patient with me.
roheryn

Previous

Return to Introductions