Luna the Pit mix pup

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
LunaBilletera
Newborn Bully

Luna the Pit mix pup

Postby LunaBilletera » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi there, I have a little pit mix pup I took in the beginning of December, when she was only 5 wks old. Her name is Luna, my friend I swear cursed her when she jokingly said I should name the pup "Wallet". She was loaded with parasites, had breathing issues and a heart murmur secondary to anemia, had an odd lump on her face that looked suspicious of puppy strangles or an abscess, and was covered with fleas. The person who "found" her four days prior was going to euthanize, but I took her instead.

She received her blood from my friends dog, was dewormed, and a week later her heart murmur and breathing issues resolves. After a second antibiotic the mass on her face busted (it ended up being an abscess despite the pup never having a fever, and the first antibiotic never helped), and never gave her any other problems. At this time she had a few spots that popped up as ringworm as well. The weird thing about that was no one who had handled her broke with ringworm, nor my three cats or the other three dogs whom she was around.

At a little over four months old, despite me being super careful about where she went and who's dogs she played with, 3 days after her final vaccine booster Luna had stopped eating and became lethargic, having yellow diarrhea and was nauseated. The next day she started vomiting and her diarrhea turned bloody; Turns out Luna contracted Parvo and was in the hospital for 5 days after that. Poor pup has been through a lot.

Luna is now a very active, playful, almost 5 month old pup. We're still not sure how big she'll get, or what her ears are going to do!

Luna lives with her pit/hound/shepherd mix sister, Rin, whom I adopted as an adult from a shelter four years ago. Rin is also very active and outgoing, and loves playing with other dogs- but is very nervous in a public setting (petstores, ect) and has seperation anxiety, but is a lot better after working with her tirelessly.
Both dogs often visit my moms house, who has two dogs- a 14yr old chowxlab and a 10yr jack Russell mix that I grew up with.

Bullseye

Re: Luna the Pit mix pup

Postby Bullseye » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:35 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:

patty

Postby patty » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:16 am

:welcome:
Bless you for loving Luna. I just can't help but smile, her ears are adorable :inlove:

She has a wonderful home now. Can't wait to hear more about this little girl and her adventures with Rin.

haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby haranka » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:59 am

So sweet !

Kreamer
Newborn Bully

Postby Kreamer » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:04 am

She's so cute.

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF