Hello from Tulsa

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
JoJo
Newborn Bully

Hello from Tulsa

Postby JoJo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:05 pm

My husband and I are from Tulsa, OK and just adopted Ares, a 2 year old, Boston Terrier-Pit mix.
As a puppy he was starved and kept in a wire cage much too small. His feet are a mass of scars and his spine and hips have deformations. He can stand only a moment on his hind legs, he can’t hike to pee, or squat for that matter. The best he can manage is a sort of a half-squat. He can’t jump up on anything other than our low couch, sometimes he needs assistance there too. He can’t really sit either, he stands, leans or lays down. He runs and walks near normal, but tires easily.
Otherwise, he is a smart, very smart, happy dog. All praise to his foster family for his outstanding manners and demeanor. He loves kids and other dogs and in the past 2 weeks he has been with us, he’s made many new friends. The only one he hasn’t been able to win over is our cat and that’s not his fault. It took her a long while to accept our other dog and at this point it’s going as well as could be expected.
Before I met my husband, in the mid-eighties I had another pit, I have always been a fan of the breed. My parents bred Boston Terriers and up until a couple months ago, there has always been (at least) one in our house, so we are familiar with the bully-breeds attitude and general personality. Ares seems to have gotten the best from both breeds.
I found the forum today, looking for answers to the cause of his recent hives. I suspect the sun and have contacted his foster mother to find out if there was any previous history. We have his medical records and it was not mentioned. While I knew this could happen with Pits, it never happened with my first one and I want to learn the best way to deal with it.
I am looking forward to learning from others here on many subjects and socializing with other Pit lovers. I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how you do it here. Thanks for having me!

Bullseye

Re: Hello from Tulsa

Postby Bullseye » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:42 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:

haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Hello from Tulsa

Postby haranka » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:05 am

Welcome !

Return to “Introductions”