Padded bed suggestions for kennel : durable for chewer

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
jrowephoto
Super Bully

Padded bed suggestions for kennel : durable for chewer

Postby jrowephoto » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:49 am

Hey everyone!

It’s been years since I’ve posted. Update, we still have Lucy the pitty and now have 3 Great Danes...they’re all a mess and spoiled rotten!

Our youngest Great Dane is crated when we’re gone, and no matter what we put in her kennel she tears it to shreds. King beds, anything...do you all have any suggestions for a bottom/bedding that could cushion the bottom of her large kennel?

One problem we’ve had is she has a large lump on her backend by her tail. The vet checked it out and he said it simply was like a goose-egg from getting hit, and like cattle knocking on things in the stocks, she slams her but against the floor when she lays down and irritates it.

We need suggestions, any thoughts?

Thanks!

Bullseye

Re: Padded bed suggestions for kennel : durable for chewer

Postby Bullseye » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Well I've used straw make sure it's treated for creatures ect... but sawdust can also work & paperbale is a good bedding solution too..

kaytenmags
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kaytenmags » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:50 am

I board a dog who destroys every bed/mat/etc that you put in his crate. He just gets a blanket or towel folded up to lay on now... but sometimes he'll shred that a bit. He doesn't eat what he destroys, so I don't really care too much when he puts a hole in a towel. He can lay on holey towels!

turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby turtle » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Maybe some heavy rubber stall mat would help? I don't think she could chew that up and it would cushion the floor. It is pretty durable stuff.

Or a Kurunda raised bed might be good too if one would fit in the crate. Those are pretty chew proof.

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”